Has anyone came off of invega sustenna?

Will I ever recover my soul completely

I canā€™t say for sure as Iā€™m not a doctor or anything like that and I personally am not off invega until December.

But in any case, youā€™ll recover Iā€™m sure. There are so many people who had had more shots than you and recovered, so youā€™ll recover. It may take from six to twelve months.

I remember there was a user named kitty who did not recover until nine months. I donā€™t know how many shots she had but she was like you I think if I remember correctly- depersonalization and crying spells etc.

Just hang in there and I know that itā€™s not our fault we are obsessing over our situation. Invega makes us anxious, ocd and depressed lol. I take artane and coffee to get high if I want to do some work. Hope it works for you too.

I know right? Invega def affects memory and cognitive abilities. Too bad itā€™s not in their brochure and the sick uncaring pdocs say that itā€™s not a side effect and refuse to take me off it. Switching government hospitals this December and hopefully Iā€™ll be off it.

Iā€™m sorry to hear about what youā€™re going through /went through. Hereā€™s a cheer to us all on this thread. To recovery and a productive life.

1 Like

Good luck to you hopefully you wont need any APs once your off invega i still have another year or 3 till they taper me off

1 Like

A year or three?! Damn. What got you into such a mess? Iā€™m telling many people that Iā€™m gonna commit suicide if my memory doesnā€™t come back as sharp as it was.

1 Like

Its not necessarily what i did cause i did nothing but told them i hear voices and had problems looking people in the eye. But its just what my pdoc said. ā€œAfter first episode of psychosis one should take meds for a minimum of 2 years and a max of 5 before tapering off to see how the patient does.ā€ Im sure if i was back on the west coast of the united stated states like oregon or california they would tell me something diffrent. Probably wouldnt even be diagnosed sz as well

Arenā€™t you worried about not being able to recover? I think if someone took this poison for a year they can still recover but three? Maybe move to a different state?

Does anyone have memory problems on inVega? Did it go away? Around which month did it start to improve? I donā€™t have serious anhedonia just memory problems.

1 Like

I honestly just stop trippin off of returning to my old self. Yea i miss enjoying weed skateboarding and working but even if i dont go back to weed and skating its not the end of the world. I know i have to go back to work eventually cause thats a necessity. Im just lucky enough to be in a situation where i have options to choose my next career field. I hope skateboarding and weed will be fun again one day though. But i adapted to the circumstances for the time being.

Dude how could you just trip off of feeling like your old self? Thatā€™s the most important thing to me. You have an A+ for acceptance from me. Btw I think people can heal from this shot. The only person I remember reading about who seemingly didnā€™t heal is Narshe81, and I finally found the rest of his story online. He was put on the injection twice (claimed he almost recovered from the first time (10shots) before being put on the second round) then ordered to take risperodone consta. No wonder he still hasnā€™t healed. Heā€™s been taking another drug that gives him the same side effect, so yes I guess we will all heal.

1 Like

I took 6 injections total. 1 156 mg and 5 117 my. Itā€™s been 10 months and Iā€™m completely healed, back to my old selfā€¦ I felt a huge difference at 6 months off the shot. Weed works again too. Lovely! Hehehe
Hang in there guys. It does get better. Everyone heals, just at different times. Itā€™s gonna b OK thou.

4 Likes

I stopped trippin so hard because i realized that the things that i do is not really who i am but just apart of my well being. I dont enjoy things as much as i use to but ive learned that as i get older i wont be able to do as much anyway. Hate to give it up sooner than later but i had too. Invega just stopped everything from being fun. Idk if the voices would have went away on there own but thanks to invega there gone almost completely. Talking to my pops also helped me accept what i was going through as well. But no as long as your on invega or risperidone its gonna be hard to things you once enjoyed. Plus it could be the illness as well. Granted i didnt start feeling like this until i got on invega. Idk the damage is done for now

Steph did you take any supplements ? Thanks for still posting, you give us inspiration.

I feel so sorry for us all here man. I personally am not affected too much by anhedonia, just memory problems and lethargy and also ocd. This medication gave me depression OCD and anxiety. Every time I wake i keep obsessing over whether the medicine is going to get out of my body. I take artane and coffee to help with this now. This medication just blocks everything to do with positive emotions and leave us with the negative ones.

1 Like

Yup i can even imagine how someone feels who takes this and didnt even have any symptoms to begin with. Im assuming most people here on this thread didnt have voices or delusionsā€¦

No. I didnā€™t take anything.

Wow. Youā€™re so lucky to have healed. Iā€™m so happy for you. I remember stalking this forum early last month and I saw your posts. I was waiting for this day to hear that someone has healed maybe kitty or Joey or you.

Yeah Iā€™m hoping 12 months for my dopamine to restore and respond

Does the soul completely recover

I am complete. Life is good.

2 Likes