Has anyone came off of invega sustenna?

if i stopped after 1 shot will i have brain damage

Very good question. I don’t know. But I do know my brain got worse with each successive shot. One way you can check for damage is to smoke a cig if you can. If you have damage you will be able to tell that the high is blunted and shortened. Or try a glass of wine, or smoke a bowl. Your high will diminish quickly if you have damage. That’s the way I can tell how bad off I am. I want to believe that one shot won’t hurt you, but that one shot is pretty big. You’re getting a months supply in one dose. Good luck, and I am hoping for the best for you.

it was the 156 and one time… what does permanent damage entail

That is not Brian damage that is the medicine taking effect. Some have theorized that schizophrenia can be caused by excess dopamine which you get from cigs weed alcohol etc. They block it so that those substances cease to cause psychosis by stopping your neurons from being insanely stimulated by substance abuse

The Alliance For Human Resource Protection posted the information below on their website. You should visit their website and read about the destruction neuroleptics cause to the brain.

The people who live in the delusion that neuroleptics are safe need an education. All you need to do is a little bit of reading with comprehension and you should be able to get yourself to 2018 where the people who know how dangerous neuroleptics are live. If you can get yourself educated, and if you could pull away from your fantasy that Invega is safe, then that’s one more person we have on our team. Our team is the one that has been suffering from the toxic effects of neuroleptic drugs for most of our lives. We are the ones who become awakened when we read a half truth about these drugs as opposed to the whole truth, and the truth is, yes, Invega blocks dopamine, that’s half of the truth. The other half of the truth is that it does this by way of stopping neuron activity. And the way that neuron activity is stopped is by way of destruction to the brain in the form of scars on and in the brain that are caused by a CHEMICAL CHANGE by way of neuroleptic drugs.

It’s bad enough to have this happen, but what is worse is that it’s permanent. My brain doesn’t grow back to its normal size after being shrunk by the boatloads of Invega I have to take. But please don’t believe me. Read below instead.

In the past two decades, countless medical studies have shown that use of neuroleptic psychiatric drugs (also known as antipsychotics) is associated with structural brain changes, especially when taking high dosages for a long time. These brain changes can include actual shrinkage of the higher level parts of the brain. The shrinkage can be seen in brain scans and autopsy studies. In response to industry defenders who claim that this shrinkage is from the “mental illness,” studies show neuroleptics lead to similar brain changes in animals. While the medical side of large libraries has this information, the public media side of the library does not. In other words, the public, patients and their families are not being informed about what medicine has long known.

Evidence of Neuroleptic Drug-Induced Brain Damage in Patients
A partial, Annotated Bibliography
by Vera Hassner Sharav

ALLIANCE FOR HUMAN RESEARCH PROTECTION (AHRP)
142 West End Ave. Suite 28P New York, NY 10023
212-595-8974 FAX: 212-595-9086

For distribution: January, 2000

Although patients, families and the public were not informed – some would argue they were deceived – clinical psychiatrists and researchers have long known about severe adverse drug reactions (ADR) and disabling changes in the central nervous system in a high percentage of patients taking standard neuroleptic drugs. Foremost among these is “tardive dyskinesia” (TD), an often irreversible, disfiguring disorder of the central nervous system resulting in a variety of involuntary movements, particularly of the tongue, lips, and jaw. muscle movements which affects 40% to 60% of patients taking neuroleptics. Recent research findings corroborate earlier reports (since 1970) linking TD to a deterioration of cognitive functions (see below).

Other severe ADRs include: “extrapyramidal symptoms” (EPS), Parkinson-like, impaired motor coordination; sedation; extreme restlessness (“akathesia”); reduced cognitive function;as well as cardiovascular effects, orthostatic hypotension, abnormal liver changes, anticholinergic side effects, sexual dysfunction, and weight gain. Psychotic relapse has been linked to long-term neuroleptic treatment –referred to as, “supersensitivity psychosis.” Additionally, there is a one percent risk of “neuroleptic malignant syndrome” (NMS), a potentially fatal side effect. These, and a host of other adverse side effects, cause most schizophrenia patients to stop taking these drugs.

In an article written in 1986, Tardive Dyskinesia: Barriers to the Professional Recognition of Iatrogenic Disease, [Journal of Health and Social Behavior,1986, 27: 116-132], Brown and Funk stated: “tardive dyskinesia (TD), once regarded by psychiatrists as a rare syndrome, is currently recognized as the second most pervasive side effect following sedation of antipsychotic drugs.” Although evidence linking TD to neuroleptic drugs had been shown since 1957, Brown and Funk point out that the recognition of TD as a side effect had been “a slow and uneven process, involving psychiatric resistance….Even when physicians believe that patients should be informed about the risks of TD, usually only incomplete information is given, not all patients at risk are informed….” And, they noted, “psychiatrists who are critical of the profession’s lax treatment of the problem argue that if doctors were really concerned, they would reduce their use of neuroleptics and reduce dosages when drugs are employed…” and they would fully disclose the risks of TD to their patients.

But a review of the history of TD demonstrates clearly that despite the evidence physicians’ disclosure and practice with respect to neuroleptic drugs has remained unchanged, and TD afflicts ever more patients, especially after long-term exposure-estimates range between 40% to 60%. The APA has opposed written informed consent from patients.

Hey I hope you’re doing alright. I’m sure I couldn’t imagine the pain that you’re going through right now. You can always pm me if you want to talk about anything!my names Kevon btw. But I’d also like to see these animal studies if you can find them, and how extensive the brain shrinkage is, what regions of the brain it happens in etc. The thing is isn’t it also true that AP’s are stressful? It causes abrupt changes to your mind which we have to quickly adjust to, so of course it is! Therefore if drugs were needlessly administered to healthy animals it would cause them more stress and brain inflammation and thus cell death than if they weren’t on it. However the case is different with people psychosis as the hallucinations would cause them more stress than if they weren’t on it. Thus although antipsychotics may not be perfect, they are a step in the right direction.

I know it’s extremely difficult, but perhaps it’s better than no medication at all…

if you take one shot say 156 mg a year later you will no longer be effected by the medicine maybe your screwed and yes this is inhumane but in my case this isnt life long maybe a year out of my life is gone but fine as long as it leaves my system im fine

Iunno I was on it over a year ago and I don’t really feel like it messed me up

are you taking meds and how long till it left your system how many did you take

does it ever leave the body

I don’t know how long it takes, it’s gradual I guess?

To the contrary; it’s much worse than no medication at all. Neuroleptics are nothing less than an assault on the brain. It’s like trying to cure a headache with a gunshot to the face. Psychiatrists are nothing more than drug dealers. They don’t know jack about how to deal with mental illness. Psychiatry is just another lie. There is an 8% to 11% shrinkage noted in brains treated with neuroleptics. That is proof of highly significant brain damage. 8% to 11% of the brain GONE because of neuroleptic therapy. Nothing good there.

Here’s a study abstract for you.

The influence of chronic exposure to antipsychotic medications on brain size before and after tissue fixation: a comparison of haloperidol and olanzapine in macaque monkeys.
Dorph-Petersen KA1, Pierri JN, Perel JM, Sun Z, Sampson AR, Lewis DA.
Author information
Abstract
It is unclear to what degree antipsychotic therapy confounds longitudinal imaging studies and post-mortem studies of subjects with schizophrenia. To investigate this problem, we developed a non-human primate model of chronic antipsychotic exposure. Three groups of six macaque monkeys each were exposed to oral haloperidol, olanzapine or sham for a 17-27 month period. The resulting plasma drug levels were comparable to those seen in subjects with schizophrenia treated with these medications. After the exposure, we observed an 8-11% reduction in mean fresh brain weights as well as left cerebrum fresh weights and volumes in both drug-treated groups compared to sham animals. The differences were observed across all major brain regions (frontal, parietal, temporal, occipital, and cerebellum), but appeared most robust in the frontal and parietal regions. Stereological analysis of the parietal region using Cavalieri’s principle revealed similar volume reductions in both gray and white matter. In addition, we assessed the subsequent tissue shrinkage due to standard histological processing and found no evidence of differential shrinkage due to drug exposure. However, we observed a pronounced general shrinkage effect of approximately 20% and a highly significant variation in shrinkage across brain regions. In conclusion, chronic exposure of non-human primates to antipsychotics was associated with reduced brain volume. Antipsychotic medication may confound post-mortem studies and longitudinal imaging studies of subjects with schizophrenia that depend upon volumetric measures.

Hey!

I’ve got 4 shots of Xeplion, first 150mg, on day 8 100mg and then monthly.
I want to quit my medication. How long does it take to get paliperidone out of my body completely? It’s been now 1,5 months from the last shot. When I am able to drink alcohol safely?

Half-life is 25-49 days.

Thanks

Hi.
Search the forum for a thread called “coming off invega sustina” you will find all the information you need there :slight_smile:.

I had the two loading injections of Xeplion 70 days ago. It takes 5-10 months depending on the person. I personnally walk, run, supplement so I think I’ll be back to normal in 2 months.

Good luck

Wow, that’s long time.
I am going to start going to the gym, I have gained few kilos from the medication.

I also hear that those suffering from psychosis get brain damage too from the psychosis alone @ninjastar correct me if I’m wrong on that I think u know ?

So maybe by taking the ap u are preventing an overall increase of insult to the brain cos u are preventing or reducing that psychosis damage (if the AP is able to do that)

I do understand that even if antipsychotic shrinks brain, maybe ud rather have that than hallucinations etc, if antipsychotic is inhibiting hallucinations.

Good luck I like ur thinking :slight_smile:

I’ve heard wheatgrass juice can be helpful and getting drugs out of the body.

thats wonderful thankyou kendrika… how long does one shot take to leave the system