Has anyone been on paxil?

Has anyone here been on paxil? What do you think of it ?

I was on it twenty years it worked very well but then I wasn’t feeling so good so came of it

1 Like

I was on it for 10 years paxil cr it worked good until I thought I didn’t need it anymore and stopped it.

Well after psychosis started they tried to put me back on it and when I used it with my AP I had the worst pressure in my eyes for a month so I quit it after 3 days the pain went away.

But everyone’s different.

1 Like

Turtle I’m in the exactly same situation as you were. I haven’t got any side effects or psychosis.
I would like to have mentally clarity but any changes in meds will.bring me on.the brink of psychosis

2 Likes

I took it a long time ago, it worked okay for my depression. I stayed one it for about a year and then switched to zoloft. That was about the same as paxil so i switched to Lamictal. That works better for me.

1 Like

It was my very first AD I took , age 17

Almost 23 years ago
It worked well for years, but then it kind of stopped working. Doctor prescribed me different AD at that point.

1 Like

I’m on paxil. It has helped some for depression. But not anxiety and panic- attacks.

1 Like

been on Paxil for 25 years - takes care of the depression and panic attacks - can’t sleep without it

1 Like

@szanr - The forum says its been 4 years since you have posted. Welcome back!

1 Like

Yes, it gave me trouble urinating so I had to be taken off it.

I was on it before I was diagnosed sza(bipolar type) when I had a manic episode my Pdoc took me off it cause she said ssri’s can cause mania