Harvard Psychiatrist Makes Inflated Claims About Food’s Power to Fight Mental Illness

2 Likes

No mention of fecal transplants… I read this really interesting essay once on what was called the pathology of ‘Nutritionism’ - but now I think its deleted. Theres one still up called, Perfection salad. Written by David Chapman. Twas quite interesting… just thought you might enjoy.

1 Like

No. Way. In. Hell.

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

I never found food to help my mental health.

Truly i can eat a nice greasy mcdonalds burger and feel better than a bowl of brocolli lol.
Mainly because i seem to digest the burger better than brocolli :joy:

1 Like

If I eat enough crap I start to feel awful and my energy level drops. As my energy level drops I can’t push back against negatives and wind up sitting around doing nothing. Sitting around doing nothing blows up my positive symptoms. This makes me even more unable to do anything and I get into a bad cycle.

Pass the broccoli.

1 Like

Yeah ive honestly thought maybe the enzymes in my stomach adapted to junk food. I literally have been eating some level of junkfood since i was 18 pretty much daily except for when my mom thought my mental health problems is cuz of my diet.

So i ate super healthy for about 1 year and there was no difference.

Exercise and routine and enough decent calories helps me though.

My gf makes me eat healthy these days though :grin:
Spoiled Level
sir level sneaks in a snickers and some icecream when she not lookinz

2 Likes

It didn’t bother me much at all in my 30s. A bit in my early 40s. I really notice the effect of junk on my system now as I’m nearing the mid 50s.

BTW, your fast food diet probably is doing damage to you, it just hasn’t become bad enough you’ve noticed yet. Google diverticular disease. It’s common with people who eat a lot of crap food (like I used to).

1 Like

Yeah its possible. I had pretty high cholesterol 1 year ago which is why my gf insists on me eating healthier.

I have cleaned things up compared to before but defs not perfect lol.

My blood pressure is very good though

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.