Harsh reality of living on a farm, nothing left!

last night the shooters came in and shot the kangaroos on the property, today the jackaroo is shooting the bunnies…
personally i disagree with what they are doing.
i would like to seee the bunnies and the kangaroos’ shooting back, now that would be funny !?!
take care

3 Likes

hunting can be either fun or cruel, depending on your attitude towards animals.

You are lucky to live with kangaroos and bunnies jumping around. A dream life style for us city-rats.

1 Like

Pest control? :frowning:

Think I will be glad to be off the farm for the most part. Need some sidewalks back in my life.

10-96

1 Like

I wish I could understand while were population spamand all williams but we’re going to be shot would be captured intake in 2 places there not

2 Likes

I wish I could understand what you wrote.

4 Likes

they’re not called thumpers for nothing lol (had visions of bunnies in kangaroo pouches wearing boxing gloves lol)

thing is that they breed like mad, its like when the enterprise had an infestation of tribbles its chaotic,

they control populations here as well, what we have a problem with is the foxes and deer but i would say the foxes were worse, it was stupid banning fox hunting in my opinion they are everywhere now :frowning:
but at least they keep the bunny population down as well as other things (foxes will eat virtually anything)

2 Likes

Where I lived it was housing developers and the animals were slowly crowded out till the only place they had was the wooded lake bank that ran behind our back yard. It was kinda neat seeing the different animals but knowing it was just a matter of time sort of of killed the pleasure . I can still almost hear the magical notes of the meadowlarks in the fields. They disappeared completely. And I could continue about the roadside wildflowers, but I won’t go any farther.

5 Likes

I lived on a farm in my mid 20’s…minus the harsh reality part. I lived apart from that part for the most part. I just raised animals, fixed things, collected maple sap and dated beautiful women on the side. Some of the best times of my life were spent on that farm.

No kangaroos though. The occasional bear, but no kangaroos.

1 Like

1 Like

that is funny, i love it when nature fights back…
it is a humbling experience for humanity.
take care

2 Likes

This was an ugly trailer & RV sales lot in the 1960s - 70s, with no trees…just asphalt and gravel and ugly white trailers…LOL…haha…couldn’t believe when I saw this… all you can see is what remains of the old roads…
You don’t see this every day…usually it’s just the opposite…

1 Like

it doesn’t take much to wipe out the ’ greatness ’ of humanity…just 40 years plus !!
take care

You of all people should know better than that! It doesn’t take 40 years at all…

xx

1 Like

my clan of sith , we are more subtle these days…
take care

1 Like