Happy international turtle and tortoise week 🐢

It’s time to celebrate! :turtle: :partying_face: :turtle: :fireworks: :turtle:

I donated to a save the sea turtle organization and got a turtle necklass made out of recycled plastic from the ocean. My tort is also gonna get blueberries every day this week.

Here’s my dear Squirt:

13 Likes

So cute! I want a tortoise so bad, but can’t commit to how long they live. One day, when I have my own place again, I’ll check in with the local rehab place and see if they have any old ones that need a new home.

3 Likes

Turtles are a pretty big commitment I’m glad you were able to take the leap.

I hope you enjoy the week full of turtle hype

3 Likes

Paging @LevelJ1.

3 Likes

@cbbrown this reminds me of you…where are you dear?

3 Likes
3 Likes

:turtle::wind_face:
Turtles blowin smoke

5 Likes

I love turtles! I’m gonna adopt one someday.

5 Likes

I’m around in still check in to read threads. I just have a lot of health crap going on. I got diagnosed with IBS. Trying to take care of it through diet.
Btw on topic I was almost given a 13 year old russian tortoise but I said no. She was beautiful

6 Likes

well good to hear from you…sorry you have IBS…that sounds painful…I will pray for you…

2 Likes

It’s ok now diet controlled so far just sucks cuz I love ice cream. Thank you @jukebox your a good friend

4 Likes

Rescuing is the way to go. While I dont regret getting my Squirt from a pet shop, I do want to rescue in the future.

My dream is to have a turtle and tortoise sanctuary, but that may be a few years off.

If you get the space look for sulcatas, they are huge and can be unintentionally destructive, but because of their size many rescues can’t take them.

Squirt is a red foot tortoise, which have a shorter lifespan of about 50 years.

3 Likes

@cbbrown hang in there lady.

1 Like

Thanks you too @Loke

1 Like

My purse

2 Likes

I love turtles! I repeated myself.

1 Like

That is awesome Star!!

1 Like

Thanks fffffggggggg

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.