Happy Independence Day

To my American friends…

6 Likes

Happy 246 years old to the founding of the constitutional republic of the United States of America since July 4th, 1776.

1 Like

hahaha! Love the graphic!

Happy July 4th to those who observe it

1 Like

Lol, yeah, it’s a good one!

Let the boring parades of fire trucks and floats of businesses begin.

3 Likes

Happy Independence Day to straight white males.

I’m not celebrating this year.

First year I’m not celebrating in my life.

1 Like

@Charles_Foster I share the sentiment, but we can’t show that here. Don’t think I’m agreeing with the other side by hiding it.

2 Likes

Is it just straight white males who celebrate Independence Day?

Seems like a sweeping statement

Any other race, sex or sexuality being framed in that way would be considered to be an outrageous stereotype that would not be tolerated

3 Likes

It wasn’t me! I didn’t do it! :scream:

Happy 4th to everyone that celebrates.

2 Likes

This independence day is definitely a sadder one than usual. Still. We have plenty of rights to be proud of. Hell even forums like this arent allowed in other places. Free speech FTW!

1 Like

In the US women, LGBTQ and PoC have to worry about their rights again. In 2022.

And it should be RICH straight, white guys.

5 Likes

Thanks @anon4362788 . I really didn’t understand the comment too

2 Likes

Whew. Now I feel safe again.

2 Likes

A huge number of people are not celebrating today

4 Likes

I think that makes more sense if you add the money in

Most straight white men are a very diverse group

Don’t think it’s useful to group anyone like that to make such a point

1 Like

We are getting together with family. But im sure politics will be brought up. In which case i will excuse myself from the room and go look up motorcycles i want to buy

1 Like

I don’t think we are supposed to talk about the one issue. I forget the other couple of Supreme Court rulings

1 Like

You forgot Anglo Saxon and Protestant

2 Likes

No one has mentioned anything except for people being in danger of losing rights. We aren’t discussing anything in depth, just a explanation why people aren’t celebrating the 4th so people outside the US understand.

3 Likes

I’m not planning on doing any celebrating. Just waiting for fireworks to be over honestly. It’s actually kind of a bummer, because I woke up energetic and lots of things are closed. Even the botanical park I was planning on visiting with dog is supposedly closed. How tf do you close a park?

2 Likes