Happy Boxing Day

Canada, UK, NZ, and Australia. I don’t know what it is but it’s marked on my calender.

2 Likes

It’s a day to drink and beat each other up, and then laugh about it. Just kidding…I have no idea.

gigantic sale, mega sale, whatever you want to label it, prices drop as much as 70% today. I bought over AUD 100 and save money.

1 Like

Jewelry that costs $2000 normally is only half its price $1000 today. Crazy jumbo sale. Store open before 8am and supposedly to close by 9pm.

Ok, ok, in all seriousness, this is what wikipedia says about it: “Boxing Day is a holiday traditionally celebrated the day following Christmas Day, when servants and tradespeople would receive gifts, known as a “Christmas box”, from their bosses or employers.”

1 Like

Don’t be fooled by their price, plumber. Those items for sale are usually the goods out of fashion, espeicaly the jewelry.

1 Like

@green6, ok noted with thanks. I will be careful next time.
@anon40540444, thanks for the definition, today is my first time encountering boxing day.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I learned from it too. I’ve seen it on the calendar, but I had no idea what it was. We both learned something.

2 Likes

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stores-trick-fake-sales-050902817.html;_ylt=A86.JyEZOZ1U8xkAvVMPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByaDNhc2JxBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkAw--

‘Must be careful with the phony sale’-- said the article.

Thanks for it. I was too excited today to have a sound mind.

How was your Christmas @Plumber?

Thanks for asking.
I made several posts on here yesterday with some photographs.
Dad and I had a lovely dinner together enjoying roasted duck in Chinatown of Melbourne. The train ride was free of charge. We ended our sightseeing yesterday with two cups of tasty latte from best burger shop in town. :coffee:

Sounds like a good time @Plumber! Are you and your dad close?

Yes, closer than friend. Besides the forum, the only real person I can talk to is my father.

1 Like

Boxing day is a happy day for me,I will spend the night watching english premier league,:slight_smile: