Hallucinations as a cure for boredom

Last night, I went to bed early because I knew I had a long day ahead of me. And, of course, I couldn’t get to sleep because I wasn’t tired yet. But I didn’t want to admit defeat, so I just laid still and felt bored out of my mind. Suddenly, music started playing, and it was very relaxing and entertaining. I fell asleep about ten minutes later. Has anyone else ever had their symptoms work positively in their life?

1 Like

Over all I’d say my affliction has humbled me and made me a better person because of it.

5 Likes

That’s the same boat I’m in.

My heads like a radio. Some days it’s all movie lines and quotes as my “thinking voice” other days it’s non stop music that I can change instantly at will.
When it’s quiet it feels very quiet.

1 Like

I wish I had that level of control over it. Sometimes, when I concentrate, I can change it, but it doesn’t happen too often.

I can change it but I can’t turn it off. It only goes away when it decides to go away

How do you change it? Does it take effort, or does it just come naturally to you?

I would have made a whole bunch more mistakes in my life than I’ve already made if I wasn’t sick.

2 Likes

I suppose when I see those shapes they make me feel good and warm up here. I’ve just noticed the warmth.

I can’t stand hallucinating. It doesn’t entertain me one bit.

1 Like

My hallucinations have never been very troublesome - lights, colors, music, seeing things out of the corners of my eyes, surfaces moving. I’m more bothered by the fact that they’re happening than I am by the hallucinations themselves. Until recently, I thought they were 100% normal, something that happened to everyone.

But anyway, when I’m tired and it’s dark, I like to watch the colors shift. It’s very soothing and can help me get to sleep.

2 Likes

I wish. Talking aloud to control the content of the voices makes the social harassment worse. Stinks as the content of the voices is much more draining/depressing to me after coming across a scam job employer with lots of people going crazy (employers, customers, their family) there…The whole point was forcing people to do favors or make huge donations to get out of there…

i just think of a different song and it just changes automatically

Are they songs that actually exist in the world? My songs aren’t recognizable.

Paranoia is a good cure for boredom too. It also removes feelings of insignifigance. You have to be pretty important for people to be out to get you.

2 Likes