Hallucination or Imagination?

When I was younger, I used to listen to a ton of music in my room and could actively picture music videos for these songs-- waaaaay before my first break.

Even when I was actively psychotic, I still had these images of things for music videos, only much more vivid.

The images would take up my field of vision, and I’d be seeing concepts brought to life before my eyes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. I used to have a very active imagination.

1 Like

I have lsd - like visions

1 Like

Yea, perhaps it was just a very active imagination when I was younger.

Sometimes I wonder if that kind of gave way to hallucinations.

1 Like

To my knowledge, I’ve never taken LSD… What do you see?

1 Like

I’m not really sure, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

I had a vivid imagination growing up.

1 Like

I think I did too, looking back, @Wave. Do you experience visual hallucinations?

1 Like

Yes when I hallucinate it’s mostly visual.

1 Like

Colours, rainbows, pop art scenes etc

1 Like

I used to imagine music videos too, there’s something about the music that stirs the visuals in me.

1 Like

Wow, pop art sounds pretty wild actually.

Hope the hallucinations aren’t causing you too much trouble.

I would see things like flying horses.

1 Like

Flying horses? Wow, that’s awesome

1 Like

Yea definitely! Music for sure touches on something within.

I don’t get them anymore now that I’m on meds… But those visuals were pretty neat for the most part.

1 Like

Yea, it was listening to Aerials by System of a Down.

There was a white horse and a black one flying in the sky in a ying-yang formation.

1 Like

Yeah, one thing about meds is it dulls things down.

1 Like

Yes, now that I’ve been on meds for around a year, I definitely notice a decrease in such happenings.

But I suppose it’s all for the best in a way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

yes, it is, but sometimes there’s a sense of loss too.

1 Like

Definitely. That imaginative spark isn’t there in quite the same way. I haven’t really had any visuals in a while to music, which was kind of my thing growing up.

Definitely do miss it in a way.

1 Like

Back when I smoked some weed, I could construct things visually in my mind. I could create the components and then assemble each of them in my mind. I could then rotate the entire structure in a 3D manner like one would do with 3D AutoCAD.

2 Likes