Halloween is coming!

Our little grocery in town gives away cocoa and hot dogs on Halloween. I think it’s so sweet! All the kids in town know about this one house that does full size candy bars, too. The person starts getting candy end of summer so she has enough.

What’s your favorite part?

2 Likes

I love seeing all the little ones all dressed up. Back in my home town the long term care facility would line the halls with patients and all the kids in town would start off their trick or treating by going there first to get their candy from the residents and show off their costumes. Some of the littlest trick or treaters would go there because they were too little for going door to door. I loved to see the 18 month old with the 100 year old, did my heart good.

1 Like

I love the parties! I’m going to a local artists commune this saturday to get a lil freaky. I’m worried that with my meds I wont be able to stay awake for much of the party or get to drink to my desire. The communes in my area have some wild wild parties with some great bands playing. I look forward to it every year. I also treat myself on Halloween, because I had my first delusions during a halloween party 3 years ago, so it is kind of my schizoversary, and instead of getting depressed about it I want to treat myself for overcoming so much.

2 Likes

I stocked up at Walmart. Bought 4 bags. All for me.

2 Likes

My husband and I used to throw a massive Halloween party every year when we lived in Texas,

It was a good time, but very exhausting.

And, not to mention, the clean up.

Now we go out to a local bar that has an open mic.

They have stand up, musical routines, even a burlesque dancer.

Its really fun and I don’t have a mess to clean.

2 Likes

I’ll probably help my little siblings with trick-or-treating. It’s pretty much the only chance I get to really socialize with our neighbors. I just dread the questions about what I’m doing with my life lol.

1 Like

well I don’t get to go to a Halloween party this year…bummed…I am happy for the children though…this holiday and Christmas are for the children.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.