Schizophrenia.com

Haldol long lasting injection vs pill form

Has anyone tried both the depot and the pill form? Which was better for you? How do the side effects compare between oral and injection?

1 Like

I haven’t had haldol but I’ve Had the invega injection. Injection helps make sure you don’t miss your dose which actually is a big problem for me missing days and I think pills gives you a bit more control. Also with injections if there’s an overlap of any kind or you get it a day late or something might to to much or too little in your system for that day. Overall I’d probably go for the injection if you can get a ride to the clinic easily

1 Like

Thanks @the_fool .

Back when I was on Medicaid I had Invega shots. I liked Invega. But I can’t afford it without Medicaid.

Anyone have haldol decanoate (long lasting injection)?

1 Like

I used to take pill form of haldol,
now i take injection decanoate 250mg.
No difference

1 Like

Ok. Thanks @Om_Sadasiva

1 Like

I agree with Om_Sadasiva.
There was no difference between the pill and the injection, besides you have to worry about taking the pill daily, where as the injection lasts longer.

1 Like

Ok. Well I’m really good about taking my meds so I guess it doesn’t matter. I may as well stick with the pill

1 Like

As someone who is ‘trigger happy’, and likes clicking on buttons, and all compulsive behaviors, …

I’m happy taking the pill form of Haldol every morning and night…

To describe better maybe is to say that if (I for one) switched to Haldol injection, I’d constantly feel like it was wearing off, Sadly it’s gotta be a ‘control’ type thing… in me.

(But I pop the pill and like having an impulse to answer ‘yes’ to…

1 Like

That’s interesting. I’m impressed you have the insight to know that about yourself

1 Like

Thanks!!!

But yeah, no nail goes unbitten, I pace a lot, and have many a hypothetical convo with others where even I’ll catch my lips moving!!!

Sometimes I’m singing though to myself and is my alibi when my mom catches me doing the former!

1 Like

I used to constantly talk to imaginary friends. I was lonely so that’s how I felt less lonely

1 Like

I wasn’t a fan of Haldol Dec. Pills kept an even trough of meds in me. The injection always wore off a few days early, and it started to frequently go into shortage. Ditto on both counts for Prolixin Dec.

1 Like