Had to give up abilify after first day

Nvm read it. But whats the difference between partial agonists and full antagonists then?

If Caplyta is a partial dopamine agonist I’m really going to stay away from it.

What’s differential engagement in wikipedia Abilify?

you are like me.we tolerate the dopamine antagonists more than than agonists.

1 Like

I think he’s right if the article is right, Caplyta might be a partial agonist, Wikipedia just doesn’t say it.

1 Like

Not too sure, might want to do some research by googling or ask your doc on partial agonist Vs antagonist

1 Like

all of them partials agonists except a few older ones

Abilify, Rexulti, Vraylar and maybe Caplyta according to his article.

might be because we arabic we can only take antagonist ,heavier drugs

1 Like

Lol We’re humans just like others.

1 Like

I mean gentics im talking about genetics

I don’t think so, many north americans here on Clozapine which is the strongest. I am on a weaker med، Risperdal.

1 Like

Partial agonist is weaker than antagonist. Weird that I was more stable on Abilify than Latuda. Latuda is a full antagonist, Abilify is a partial agonist.

Agonist_2

ah ok i get ya i didnt know that.how strong do you think amulspride vs reperdiral

They are similar according to a meta study

According to Wikipedia amulspride is 10-15% stronger than Risperdal but it also depends on the dosage. I am on 4mg, max dosage is 8mg. You’re on 200mg amulspride, max dosage is 800mg.

That’s comparing agonist not antagonist
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1472029906003845#:~:text=An%20agonist%20binds%20to%20the,receptor%20to%20a%20natural%20agonist.&text=Insurmountable%20antagonists%20bind%20strongly%20to,not%20reversed%20by%20additional%20agonist.

Here it says difference between antagonist and agonist

thanx for your help,answer.aziz seems to be busy.hes looking at the wickapedia lol

I know the difference lmao

“A key property of partial agonists is that they display both agonistic and antagonistic effects. In the presence of a full agonist , a partial agonist will act as an antagonist , competing with the full agonist for the same receptor and thereby reducing the ability of the full agonist to produce its maximum effect.”

https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007%2F978-3-540-68706-1_548#:~:text=A%20key%20property%20of%20partial,to%20produce%20its%20maximum%20effect.

Partial agonists can be antoagonists or agonists depending on dopamine concentration. I was right.
Dopamine (neurotransmitter) is a full agonist of the dopamine receptor.