Had to give up abilify after first day

It did for me! I am so unlucky because it fixed my negative symptoms! The FDA has warnings about those:

“The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning that compulsive or uncontrollable urges to gamble, binge eat, shop, and have sex have been reported with the use of the antipsychotic drug aripiprazole (Abilify, Abilify Maintena, Aristada, and generics).”

FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA warns about new impulse-control problems associated with mental health drug aripiprazole (Abilify, Abilify Maintena, Aristada) | FDA).

I wasn’t fully stable on 120mg Latuda and gave me terrible akathisia and nausea/vomiting. I read that its 55% weaker than Risperdal. Now I am stable on just 4mg Risperdal!

1 Like

Well you are not out of options with second generation atypical APs still. Caplyta, Vraylar. They work differently IIRC.

1 Like

Abilify, Rexulti and Vraylar are the only partial dopamine agonists. Rexulti has the same FDA warnings as Abilify so I refused it when my pdr prescribed it. I didn’t pickup the prescription. Vraylar is supposed to come out here in Canada by end of this year hopefully.

1 Like

I went onto Abilify and suffered a relapse. It really, really didn’t agree with me. My sleep was disrupted to such an extent than I became paranoid and hostile.

1 Like

Do you have sexual dysfunktion on invega after 5 years?

1 Like

Caplyta is also a partial agonist

1 Like

I couldn’t tolerate Abilify either. Only was ever on it for 10 days and I was miserable for all those days.

1 Like

I also had bad side effects from abilify and the withdrawal was the worst thing ever I was vomiting , shaking and my body wad in complete pain

1 Like

No i don t have.i have good sex life.np at all

Where did you read that? Wikipedia says its a dopamine antagonist.

It’s a pre synaptic agonist and post synaptic antagonist

I don’t understand, can you explain? They say it acts as a postsynaptic antagonist. Its confusing.

I’m confused too.

1 Like

Your dopamine works on synapsis with 2 ends, one sends out the dopamine signal, the other receives the dopamine signal. Presynaptic means the end which sends out the dopamine signal while post synaptic is the end that receives it. Lumateperone works as a presynaptic agonist and a post synaptic antagonist

But then overall its a dopamine antagonist depleting presynaptic dopamine and blocking it postsynaptically.

The dopamine effects are happening postsynaptically. Receptors are on the postsynaptic neuron.

I had a few psychology courses but don’t remember all.

If you check pharmalogy of abilify, it works the same way. Presynaptic agonist and post synaptic antagonist

Can you quote what you just said?