Had my first gym sesh today

With the new job i am working i get free gym membership at a 24/7 one near where i live. Finally took advantage of it today and used it. Was a bit daunting at first. Lots of people when i went. But feel good i did it. Im fully getting into it ay. Got some cheap gym clothes and a book about training. My goal is to lose some fat and gain some muscle simultaneously. And also the psychological benefits. Ive been way too unfit for my liking for a couple years now.
Anyone go to the gym or been working out or planning to?

6 Likes

I used to go to the gym everyday lift weights

1 Like

I go several times a week and lift weights for an hour each time. It feels good to have accomplished something. I’m glad you get to go with your health insurance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CoCo nice. Thanks but i dont have health insurance. Im a cleaner at the gym so i get membership included.

1 Like

Oh! I see. I love that they’re letting you workout there. My Medicare Advantage Plan allows me free membership at quite a few gyms. It’s really cool.

1 Like

Nicely done @Ozzyskits :+1:.

That’s awesome you get a free membership!

When I volunteered (later worked) for a yoga studio, one of the perks was free yoga sessions. Went a few times and found it beneficial for mental health and clarity. Felt somewhat awkward going though, so I didn’t take advantage as much as I could have.

Wishing you well on your gym progress :dizzy:.

1 Like

@Schztuna thats cool. Ive done some meditation in the past but not yoga. Would be quite good. I guess im a little insecure about it haha. And im not certain about what it really is too. Is it mainly for the physical stretching and being flexible and being nimble/healthy?

1 Like

Haha, yea same :sweat_smile:.

Alls I know is there’s different types of yoga that help with different things: flexibility, cardiovascular health, relaxation— plus some people like to practice yoga in “hot rooms,” which are kept at like 85F or something like that, and it’s said to intensify yoga’s effects on the body.

…Personally, I liked the kind where you just lie on the mat, maybe lift a leg up in the air every once in a while, but mostly just relax :sweat_smile: :person_in_lotus_position:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.