Had a social tonight

For years I was afraid to attend meetings because my concentration was poor and keeping conversations long usually exhausted me. However things change. This evening I attended a dinner party which turned out to be enjoyable for me. Yippee!

This dinner party was mainly for welcoming a young Chinese guy who currently works as a lecturer at the Univ of Liverpool. Five people including me gathered up at the restaurant. We had nice food and very interesting talks. I participated actively the conversation with everybody and a lady in particular.

It seems my brain function has improved. So does my confidence in taking part in social activities.

16 Likes

How? 1515151515

This is great news! You should feel proud of yourself. For me, I can only manage one evening social event per week, but I should consider myself lucky that I can handle even this.

4 Likes

I attend very few to no social events. I go to church with a small group of ladies and that goes well. I also attend a volunteer meeting for an hour and a half once a week and that always goes well too. I wouldn’t call these things “social” however. My piano teacher comes to my apartment once a week and stays for an hour. He always manages to make it a social thing. And I handle him well. I seem to get along well with people. Except for my former “best friend” who doesn’t get along with anybody. (She’s stark crazy with sza disorder).

1 Like

Wow! Congratulations. That must be a great confidence booster.

2 Likes

Thank you, @everhopeful. It is a great confidence booster.

4 Likes

@Green5 I have had problems socializing for many years and I consider it a major accomplishment to do what you have done socially. I am still working in that direction. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Well done you! It is good to interact with other people! Congratulations!

2 Likes

that is totally awaesome :slight_smile: :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Good for you @green5. Maybe it’s a sign of good things to come.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.