Had a seizure on the bike, crashed, was hospitalized

I was riding (no alcohol) on my bike, all of a sudden the sun flickered and my vision was distorted. Next thing I remember there was an ambulance and the medical guy (i don’t know what he is called in english) said i have had a seizure and a concussion. I was hospitalized for 24 hours. It happened Saturday, and now i feel tired and have to go to a neurologist, but okay, but a bit frightening.

The worst thing was, that my new, expensive bike was stolen in the turmoil of the crash. Some people lack a minimum of empathy.

7 Likes

They stole your bike from a wreck?

That’s jacked up.

Sorry all this happened and I hope you make a full recovery.

5 Likes

Thanks, i’m a bit better now.

1 Like

That’s quite an experience. Glad you’re feeling better now.

2 Likes

Is it because of your new antidepressant or other meds?

1 Like

No, my MAOI (isocarboxide) is finally beginning to work, I’m so relieved. And seizures are not a sideeffect. I don’t know why i was having a seizure, but i have had seizures before, when i was young and my siblings have experienced the same.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your accident. When I was 9 years old I had a bicycle accident with a fractured skull and concussion. I wasn’t able to remember anything about what happened.

2 Likes

Thanks, i was lucky. I have concussion too, but it’s not that bad. But in the future i have to wear a helmet even though i hate it.

4 Likes

It’s called EMT emergency medical technician

2 Likes

Isn’t it called paramedic too?

2 Likes

Oh yeah. You’re right. I forgot
@Aziz paramedic is probably a better word.

2 Likes

That’s messed up they stole your bike like that.
Sorry to hear that

2 Likes

Wow, scary! Glad you’re alive.

2 Likes

The modern criminal is an opportunist.

I had a fire in my apartment ten years ago.

The firemen came into the bedroom with a shovel and threw everything out the window, Including my denim jeans with wallet and keys. One of my neighbors got my stuff, apparently. I got kicked when I was down!

Petty much I fully recovered, however.

4 Likes

sucks that they stole your bike =/
i hope you feel better

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.