Had a painless root canal done today

The shots to numb me up hurt for split second but after that, the procedure itself was painless. I didn’t feel a thing. Dentistry has come a long way since two shots of whiskey and a pair of pliers.

5 Likes

That anaesthetic is just used so they can’t hear you scream in the waiting room.

3 Likes

wow @77nick77 I commend you on taking it so well…!! I would’ve been shaking in my boots and I’ve had two molar extractions.

1 Like

Well that’s good news. Never had a root canal.

1 Like

They can hurt pretty bad; in the past it was painful and lengthy. Nowadays, lots of dentists have state of the art equipment so dental work is less painful and the patient is more comfortable.

Question: “What’s the difference between a sadist and a dentist?”
Answer: “The dentist has better magazines.”

1 Like

Dude when I had my wisdom teeth pulled out I was laughing at everything the doctor said

1 Like

Were you gassed up? Damn, I had my wisdom teeth pulled at the dental college. It took four hours and people tell it normally takes two hours. It was so painful and uncomfortable and I would bet the only ones laughing were the students laughing at me for trusting them.

That’s great! How do you feel now that it wore off?

1 Like

I feel great! No pain or discomfort; most of today I forgot I even had it done yesterday.

1 Like

You must have a great dentist!

1 Like

I’ve been seeing the same dentist off and on since I was in high school. There were years I didn’t see him because I was living in different cities but I’m back and I’ve been seeing him for the last two years. They love me there, I can’t possibly live up to how much respect they give me and how nice they are to me. The same people have been working there since my parents took me there as a kid; one woman calls me handsome about every other visit, lol.

1 Like

I love that! I wish I had a dentist I could trust for that long. Every time I’ve changed insurance, I’ve had to find a new dentist who takes my new insurance.

1 Like

I has to get a root canal once too, will probably need a second soon. Mine didnt hurt at all either. Thank goodness!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.