Had a mother's day party today at my sisters mansion

those crazy nephews, my sister and me and my mom and my brother played deep field and they went to all day building a slick slip and slide path between three small pools of water to play kickball…everyone busted their ass and wondered why we did it…haha…I even fell down chasing a ball…fell on my shoulder…i must drink enough milk because I didn’t hurt myself…had a great time later playing farkle with my family and we had steaks and brussel sprouts…yayyyy…

14 Likes

Sounds like fun.

How was your gumbo?

1 Like

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at your sister’s house. Happy for you.

2 Likes

didn’t make gumbo yet…that’s this coming friday…!! thank you !

1 Like

Nice! I tried napping in different spots in my home. Most exciting.

1 Like

Sounds wonderful! Unfortunately the covid restrictions are so tight right now that it’ll just be me and my youngest daughter. We are not allowed any visitors at all. I’m so thankful that at least I’ll have one kid out of the 4.

2 Likes

Mansion ?? Like hollywood?

1 Like

Glad you had a good time @jukebox!

1 Like

你好绿色

你好,Loke. Sounds like you have made progress in learning Manderin. Congratulations!

1 Like

Haha. Sorry. No progress. I have a google translator app on my phone

1 Like

I know “ni hao” as in hello but as far as writing it I can’t.

Years ago I wanted to learn Chinese because I wanted to do some volunteer work in an orphanage in China. There’s one in Tianjin run by the Phillip Hayden Foundation.

I never got to go but when I had a good job I sponsored a 2 year old girl who got adopted. Then I sponsored a 5 year old. I sent the 5 year old a nice winter coat and I think some gloves. I live in the USA so it cost me $50USD to send that stuff to Tianjin. But I loved it.

1 Like

Yes, writing Chinese characters is very difficult. It is even hard for native speakers.

1 Like

Wow :flushed: really?

Yes, It is. It usually takes more than 10 years of training to master the writing of Chinese characters.

1 Like

太疯狂了

1 Like

@green5 I was going to say “Holy Crap!” but I was afraid it would not translate well. “Holy crap!” in English is an exclamation meaning something like “Oh My Goodness!!!”

1 Like

“Oh, my goodness!!”can be translated into "天哪! "

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.