Schizophrenia.com

Had a family meeting today

Everybody said they don’t interact/try not to interact with me

I hate my family, I hate this state. I don’t want to exist.

Okay, that really really sucks. Did they say why?

Because they’re ■■■■■■ retarded assholes

2 Likes

Hahahahaha well that goes without saying. But I’m guessing that’s not the reason they gave?

2 Likes

They didn’t really give a reason. The clinician just asked how interactions have been going

I’m really sorry, man. We value you here.

3 Likes

Breaking free of family relationships has been bliss for me. They all performed quite poorly, in my eyes, and yet I tried my best to keep the family strong & united. I invested a lot into the family & reaped nothing in return.

Good riddance, I say - much like a failed business. It all went bankrupt, in large part due to their actions, not mine, and I just want to put it all behind me & move on.

Some people have strong families & that’s great. I’ll never know that experience.

1 Like

I feel exactly the same. Before I moved to California, I gave my family ten thousand dollars, and I regret it. It was a waste of money, and helped nothing.

I saw that title and thought… oh Jesus. And I was right. “Family meeting” has never been a good thing. Either they’re pissed at you, you’re pissed at them or it’s an intervention. I love my family but I let them know as little about what’s going on in my think meat as I can.

Strength and honor :confused:

It was with my clinician, we have family sessions a couple times a month

I honestly don’t know if that’s worse or better. I had a meeting with my therapist and my mom once a week or two ago. All I could do was hug my knees and cry and he had to do all the talking… which was nice… she fed him her usual like of nonsense… but at least I didn’t get in trouble.

you just described my family…maybe we are related… lol :blush:
take care :alien:

Last time my family tried group therapy, my mom rounded us all up afterward and yelled for a good twenty minutes on how we were making her sound like a bad parent and we were telling lies about her. Family therapy sucks.

I gave my mom 8 thousand dollars over the course of a year. Worst mistake I ever made. Family shouldn’t get financially involved with each other. It ruins relationships.

My mom and I get along fine now, mostly because we don’t ever talk about that time anymore. Yay avoidance!