Gym goer,do you agree gym is like jail?

I have been working out for many years,it’s like jail do you agree?

1 Like

No.

It’s liberating. If it’s getting mundane then you need to change it up.

Best thing I ever invested in was a fitness tracker. A cheap fitbit. I got out of a funk and started walking 10,000 steps a day. That is a good first goal for people unfit and walking fast as you can is a good start. Even walking briskly for 30 minutes, 3 times a week is good for the heart and health.

I wish I was this motivated in my 30’s. I was rubbish and I should have been doing more exercise then. I’m now 49 and I’m way fitter and better off than I was smoking cigarettes and doing nothing at 30.

If gym is like jail your doing it all wrong and for the wrong reasons.

3 Likes

No, sounds like you need to work on your routine or your motivation. I definitely don’t like going out in the cold these days but being at the gym is fine and feels pretty good afterwards.

2 Likes

Nah,I have been working out at least 6 years without rest.6 days a week and on medication.Its for strong man.I could have just play soccer for easier play,I chose to work out

2 Likes

6 days is a lot!
Are you sure you’re not over-exercising? Or maybe getting too few proteins?

2 Likes

I prefer to keep my goal in check and not wonder around…

Yes I found the swimming pool to be like jail too.

Glad I have my own stationery bike now and a park nearby for walks

My friend too go to the gym 6 days a week,we motivate each other.He takes better care of protein in take then me.I took 3 eggs everyday

1 Like

Soccer is good. It’s a team sport. You have to integrate and work with others. It’s uber aerobic. You need to be really fit and that type of fitness is really good for the heart.

If your struggling change it up and try something different.

I don’t like going to gyms, they have a lot of really heavy things there.

1 Like

Jail ain’t bad. I served a day for a “failure to appear”, lol. We got to wear these really cool shackles around our waist while we sat in court. And I got to see a guy go totally out of his mind.

3 Likes

Yea,heavy objects for two hours is more liberating then staying in the jail

1 Like

@77nick77 You continually surprise me with your experience but after I read it…I just say to myself. No bloody surprise there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont mind going to the gym, I would like to have a small gym at home though. If we buy a house sometime I’m gonna get some gymgear.

1 Like

I don’t like being around strangers so gyms aren’t a great place for me. Looking at joining one anyhow as I need access to a treadmill in the cold weather to get some walkies in. Wore my old one out and don’t have space for a new one. I tried the walking track in town, but it’s crowded and there are joggers there who constantly bump into others. Getting touched by strangers is pretty high up on the list of, “stuff that makes me lose my ■■■■ in public.” I really don’t like the walking track.

We really need some global warming here, tired of my face hurting when I go outside.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.