Guys, I really want to come off of meds completely, but

I take medication mainly for my fear of thunderstorms. I am sick of suffering from them. They frighten me to extremes and I am forced to take the premature aging mediation. I mainly want to be off of these meds, because they are aging my body and causing changes to it that are very unpleasant to feel and look at. Can someone please help me?

We don’t recommend coming off meds if you are symptomatic.

If you are stable and if you are going to come off meds, do it with the assistance of a doctor.

3 Likes

Welcome back. Have you had a conversation about this with your pdoc?

I don’t think that’s true! There are no such side- effects listed. It’s in your head!

I’ve been working with her on and off for months, but really, I just want another solution to the schizophrenic symptoms. Meds are ruining my life and I feel like less of a useful human being every day,

2 Likes

Then ask to try a new med. Each is different. My magic bullet was Aristada.

1 Like

I second @anon4362788 about trying different meds until you find one that works and that you can tolerate

1 Like

I would like to stop meds one day too

I actually look young for my age if I colour my grey hair and I’ve been on APs for thirty years now. The only one who should help you with coming off meds is your doctor and only if you’re ready to.

If you want off the meds, get the doctors to ween you.

There’s not much I can say to someone who wants to go this route. I hope you’re successful off medication. I just feel that its not likely.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.