Guys I’m sad

Some times I see home less on the streets and I self reflect and think that could be me just

1 Like

Try to flip your thought pattern around.
Think to yourself that you’re grateful for not being homeless, and that you’re glad you turned your life around in time. Be proud of yourself for having the strenght to make the necessary improvements, instead of being sad for what could have been

6 Likes

It means a lot :pray:

2 Likes

I have this feeling quite often too. It’s not survivor’s guilt, more of a sad feeling like you have. Had I never freaked out and told my teacher I was hallucinating, things might’ve turned out much differently, much worse. I might’ve been in college and lost touch with reality, run away and ended up on the streets, in a long term hospital and lost my chance at going to college, at living. There but for the grace of God go I.

2 Likes

I get that too.

I try to deflect that thought ASAP.

Cos it scares me

1 Like

So you’re home less ? And i think weed led to my breakout and heavy stress but my parents told me homeless are cause of drugs @Sardonic

1 Like

Weed is a drug thank god I left it

1 Like

There’s lots of stories of schizophrenics refusing help and going off somewhere on their own, usually ending up homeless. Gotta be honest with your treatment team and work with your support network, and pull your share of the weight when it comes to taking your medicine on time and getting to your appointments on time.

There’s lots of homeless people where I live now, where I moved from there were hardly any. I’m super happy to have a roof over my head, a disability check, medicare, and food to eat.

3 Likes

I feel the same way sometimes. No one deserves to be homeless.

2 Likes

What subject are you studying as you may what to change to something more inspiring you may have a better educational experience that way.

1 Like

@atriumram I was talking about hypotheticals. I’m not in college or homeless. I live with my mom. I don’t do anything other than watch TV, play on my phone, and care for my dog. Even before corona I only really got out when we went to the store and to walk my dog. I’m stable but I have no direction, but I count myself lucky because things could’ve easily turned out much worse.

3 Likes

When I see homeless ppl I thank my family because without them I would be homeless because I can’t work or live on my own.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.