Guys i just ate pasta..it was gross.. should i give up cooking..?

I was never a good cook …!!! I cooked pasta today it was gross … my granny like it tho…!!! But i hated it… are u guys a good cook… how do u cook pasta guys…!!!

1 Like

I boil it by adding a little salt and some oil or butter to the water, and when the water boils, I add the pasta.
The Italians apparently like it best when it’s still a little hard on the inside, but I boil it until it’s soggy all the way through.

Then, I either add fried meat, boiled tomato sauce, or just some butter and some salt.

4 Likes

Dang it, now I want pasta.

2 Likes

Pasta is easy to cook man. I am the worst cook in the world but I always like how my pasta turn out :wink:

2 Likes

yeah a little salt…boiling water…cook 5-7 minutes depending on pasta! Use colander to drain and run under hot water…this is where you add the butter…not too much but a tablespoon at least! Read packet for cooking times but to know pasta is cooked … take out a small sample and throw it at the roof. If it sticks it’s aldente! ie it’s cooked through!

2 Likes

Pasta sounds delicious rn I think i forgot to eat again.

You could always give it to Dillie the Deer.

1 Like

Put the water on the pot, wait for it to boil. Put the salt (8g for liter), put the pasta, cook it until it has the consistency you prefer, drain the pasta, put it in the pot again, add the sauce, add the olive oil and the Parmesan cheese and cook over a low fire for 2-3 mins mixing.

1 Like

Hey zeno wake up man…!!!

1 Like

Hey u already woke up… common man make some pasta for us…!!! U are a good cook…!!!

1 Like

How are you Nepali Lord? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just kidding zeno…!!! U are my fav bro…!!!
In real life i have small brother like u i love them much like u…!!! If u are high functional come to nepal … stay at my house… eat rice and veggie…!!!

1 Like

I’m poor! :frowning:

1 Like

But u are rich by heart… u are Nepali Ajay Ghale the hero of far cry4…!!! Take care…!!!

2 Likes

Last time I cooked pasta was a decade or two ago. I remember cheese going pretty well with it. Throw on some shredded cheese and toast your plate to microwave for that extra melt. Should be good to go. I personally don’t use salts since sodium builds up rather quick. My faves are black pepper and garlic powder.

2 Likes

Don’t give up @far_cry0 . Just look at the recipes online and practice. Cooking is really fun and enjoyable too.

2 Likes

I never set a timer for pasta just because I don’t know how long to set it for, but I keep watch of it, and after a few minutes, I try to cut a piece with the side of a fork. If it cuts fairly easily, it is done. If it doesn’t, it needs to cook longer.

How are u feeling @Happy_H

I don’t cook much
I have ready meals
Only time I would cook would be if someone came over for dinner

@anon20318121 I’m okay right now. Just tired and I want to hide in my room. I cancelled my daughter’s horseback riding lesson so I wouldn’t have to get up and shower, and now I feel really guilty for not taking her. I know I need to start the day, but it isn’t easy when you feel like this, you know?