Guy trouble

Okay soooo the older man I was texting stopped texting me and won’t reply my texts (this started about a month and a half ago) when it was finally getting to be time to meet so grrrreat anyways I use to date this guy on and off for about three years he had long hair, smokes pot, a smart aleck, that can be a jerk but can also be so kind. My mom now hates him because we’ve dated on and off and he blew off a few dates by over sleeping or whatever the case may be anyways I have and probably always will hold a flame for him (and we just started talking again the other night) mom says he’s not coming over but once I move out I can hang out with him… I know he’s probably not the best for me but I can’t help it

1 Like

Doesnt seem to be problematic.

Just dont run away from home just to be with him. :upside_down_face:

@Mr.Dre I’m not gonna he just told me he don’t want me but for hang out buddies or FWB and we’ve tried FWB I always get way to attached

Okay, you do what you think is right for you @Twialine

@Mr.Dre thanks 15

1 Like

You do what feels right for you. But I honestly feel this guy is messing with your mind from what you are saying. Or is likely to play games…

3 Likes

@anon80629714 he’s the only guy I’ve ever loved so idk what to do

1 Like

It sounds like he doesn’t respect you or is just using you.

I know you say you love him, and no offense, but you’re young, and young people sometimes confuse love with lust or codependency.

4 Likes

I can’t be with guys that do drugs. It triggers me cos that’s what set me off in the first place.
I agree you do what feels right, if it feels stress ful or starts too then it’s no good for you. Or if there are warning signs that its gonna get like that I’d run away.
Your mental health comes first

1 Like

This guy smokes pot, your family doesn’t like him, he only wants to have sex with no relationship, and he blows off your dates. Girl, he’s just not that into you. If a guy wants to be with you, you’ll know. If he doesn’t, you’ll be confused. You won’t change his mind by hanging around him long enough. He knows what you have to offer, and he’s not interested. Do both of you a favor and just say no, then leave yourself open for someone who will actually want to be with you.

11 Likes

Good advice. Be careful who you give your heart to.

1 Like

Side note, but @crimby your user icon is hilarious to me!

3 Likes

I agree with @Ninjastar he’s not worth your time.

2 Likes

What is FWB? And, I agree with @Ninjastar.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe friends with benefits

1 Like

Now, hold on @Ninjastar, @Twialine said he can also be kind. They can also be texting buddies; as long as he doesnt get pushy.

I dont like the phrase “I cant help it.” Yes you can help it, you are very capable of standing up for yourself. It would be fine if you both wanted to be friends with benefits, but you clearly want something more, when it’s probably not going to happen.

You are very much in control of what you do with your life. That includes who you let in and who you push out.

3 Likes

This is so true. I hope everyone who doesn’t know it is writing it down, because this little bit of information has helped me out on more than a few occasions!

4 Likes

Lady, you deserve the best. I’ve had something similar happen…it broke my heart. I’m not going to tell you WHAT to do. Just make sure YOU are in control of YOUR HAPPINESS.

PM me anytime. :hugs:

1 Like

Hanging around a guy that is not that into you will only teach you to hate men, probably best to keep looking

2 Likes