Group Video Chat

Anyone interested in the idea of a group video chat made up of some of the posters on this forum?

For years now, there has been a general trend of people in the online mental health scene getting together on Skype, Teamspeak, and Google+. Since the old days of the sz.com chat room people have been meeting. It’s common for people in #thevillage as well.

I know it sounds intimidating, but after a little while it becomes pretty easy.

You wouldn’t need a cam, though it would be good. A mic would, however, be necessary.

You could make up a new Skype account or Google+ account and you certainly wouldn’t need to use your real name.

There is a limit of 10 people in a group video call. I have no idea how many people would be interested from this forum but I can get enough to fill it out if need be. Or it could be smaller if desired.

I would attend, as would Luniben aka Yottzumm I’m sure. Also my girlfriend would be there. All of us members of the forum and all with sz. There are a few others, mainly from #thevillage that I’d probably invite if there isn’t enough interest here. A big 10 person call would be cool.

Not sure if it would be Skype or Google+ hangout. I prefer hangouts but many use Skype.

Anyways, if you’re interested in trying it out, post.

That sounds interesting. But I can only chat when my kids are in school. Also I have to think when I talk. I’m aslow thinker, maybe because of meds, maybe psychosis.

Maybe it’s not for me. I am pretty quiet because I don’t want ppl to think I’m retarded.

There are no expectations, if you’re quiet it’s ok. This is to be low stress. I know how daunting the idea of meeting new people can be.

As for when, we’d figure out a time that’s good for everyone if there is enough interest.

1 Like