Gross warning: Whats wrong with me?

I don’t have any pain but something makes my poop so viscous i can never wipe enough times to get clean it smears like peanut butter. At this point I’ve switched meds and it’s still happening. I had someone tell me gallstones but I’m too anxious to go to the doctor alone anymore to figure it out. It gets better when I don’t take the medication but I have to take it and at this point It’s done the same thing on latuda, perphenazine and risperdal. I get no cramps or pains it’s like no matter how many times I wipe I have to plunge the toilet

I sh!t myself many times a week while on Abilify.
Now on Risperdal it happens much less and so far stopped after taking fibre supplement Metamucil.

Which antipsychotic are you on?
Did you try fibre supplements Metamucil 3 times a day?

I’m on perphenazine right now. I’ll order some Metamucil and see how it goes. It’s like every single time I go to the bathroom, and it goes away every time I get off the medication for whatever reason. My city it’s hard to get in with a psychiatrist. I happened to find the one psychiatrist that is slow enough to make you and appointment but it’s actually just a nurse practitioner and something I can’t explain disables my body when i go to think about getting these things taken care of. I wish my family was more understanding because I think I can go if I take someone with me. Maybe it’s God holding me back because it’s bad news I’m not ready for right now. I can feel myself reaching for the ability to take a Lyft to the doctors but it’s like not the right time or something I can have the idea but something in my heart or mind keeps me from getting the colonoscopy the doctor recommended

1 Like

Yea if Metamucil doesn’t work tell your Dr.
Give Metamucil a day or two, it worked for me, no diarrhea or watery poop.

@Shrimpramen you can try to eat more fruits and veggies too and whole grains and that will help you when you are wiping. Also if you flush more than once you won’t overflow the toilet and have to plunge so often.

I mean flush after every couple wipes.

Try eating beans.