Grocery Shopping

How often do you shop?

I need to go out in the cold Monday, fridge is empty, I go about every two weeks.

Eat the easy stuff first, then more cooking as I start to run low

3 Likes

I usually go to the grocery store 3-5 times a week. I always go and forget to get stuff that I needed and then I go again. I’ve tried to make lists but I always forget to bring them with me. I hate my poor memory

3 Likes

I never shop, my parents shop for me.

3 Likes

About every three days.

2 Likes

I buy a lot of groceries at once online and then pick up a few items a couple times a week if I need them.
I went shopping today at a place called Grocery Outlet. They have a lot of really good deals on bulk items but they are a lot smaller than Costco or Smart & Final. I almost bought Cap’n Crunch, cookies, salsa and chips and teryaki chicken nuggets. I’m on a diet so I managed to resist.
If I don’t bring it in the house I won’t eat it.

2 Likes

We have been ordering via computer and picking up groceries ever since the pandemic began. They bring them out to our waiting car.

2 Likes

I do pick up orders about twice a week on the weeks with my daughter and once a week on the weeks I’m alone. I avoid going in if at all possible.

2 Likes

We order our groceries online exclusively now.

2 Likes

Lots order online now, I like to go in and see what’s on sale

1 Like

I was planning to walk in for groceries tomorrow evening.

Now I’m thinking delivery.

2 Likes

I will get groceries then take the truck in for a clutch and steady bearing, hope it can make it without quitting on me

2 Likes

Good luck man, this is hella bad weather for a breakdown.

2 Likes

Yeah would wait a long time for tow

1 Like

I order groceries twice a week so that my meat is always fresh

2 Likes

Once a fortnight.

2 Likes

I try to minimize the trips to the grocery store due to covid concerns. I go every 1-2 weeks, first thing in the morning when it’s less crowded, and I grocery shop for me and for my elderly mom. Then I stop by my house to put my groceries away and then drive to the city where my mom lives and drop off her groceries at her house.

2 Likes

Our condo complex has a large parking lot with a single exit. Stuck vehicles everywhere after the last dump and people couldn’t get to work. Not sure how a tow truck would have gotten to some of them. A lot of my neighbours outside flipping their lids at each other. We make sure we park a vehicle out on the street before a large dump so we can escape if needed.

2 Likes

I was getting to Aldi for opening at 8am, and there were queues outside. Now I get there at 8:45am and it’s deserted. Perfect timing I found makes exposure a lot less likely.

My shopping is done every Saturday morning. I mainly eat fresh food, so a week is about right so I don’t waste any food.

3 Likes

I found the same thing. I show up at my local Trader Joe’s market at 8:30am, and no queue. But if I show up shortly before 8am when they first open, there is a queue.

4 Likes

Most of the stores in my town have a “golden hour” for seniors that the general public is discouraged from. Other high risk individuals are welcome, so that’s when I prefer to shop. It’s the first hour of the day.

3 Likes