Greater Insight May Increase Hostility in Schizophrenia

2 Likes

When I was psychotic I had terrible insight and was not violent. Now I have good insight and I’m even less violent minded.

2 Likes

I have been told I have a lot of insight. I also have a lot of violent thoughts and some tendencies.

1 Like

But not having insight is a huge problem, especially for those around you.

2 Likes

When i’m unwell i become quite hostile. Don’t know how much awareness i have at the time though. Hard to judge that when i’m not feeling well at the time. I only know i tend to be more difficult based on what people tell me.

1 Like

Having insight into my illness’s consequences gave me the most hostility as I learned that I was doomed to be on expensive meds along with their side effects for life, end up in the lower income bracket for life, live on the bad side of town some day, never drive, and probably never have a girlfriend, and if I had kids they’d have a terrible start and likely a terrible outcome in life. Sometimes that makes you want to holler.

1 Like

I think that because I’m poor now,worry to much about money,makes me in some moments to be verbally aggressive to people,especially when I see in market full shopping cart of expensive groceries,or people with large SUV.Also I envy a lot.Doesn’t look like me any more.

1 Like

I was a very angry and hostile person but then after 4 straight months of relaxation deep breathing for 20 minutes daily it all went away. I’m as gentle as a lamb after it and it’s like someone has flicked a switch in my brain. My meds haven’t changed so it wasn’t the meds that affected it.

1 Like

I’ve never had violent tendances, but I do need to stop using my tongue as a cat-o-nine-tails.

:flushed:

1 Like