Grandiose delusions help people with schizophrenia cope

I have always taken the grandiose with a grain of salt. I just knew it couldn’t be. I thought about it and my thoughts stuck and that ruled the day.

1 Like

I need my grandiose delusions of reference. I sincerely wouldn’t have a life without them.

3 Likes

@SkinnyMe so they are just for reference? and you don’t believe them totally? some have a life with depression, or nowhere, or G_D
or meds or being good. what do you do with your grandiose, be it? or its goals or a personality to bounce off of it? (sorry if too personal)

1 Like

I’m sorry @gobeyond, I didn’t understand what you were trying to ask me.

2 Likes

I had grandiose delusions… one time I thought I was supposed to move to New York because I would start a rock band there, me being the lead singer of course, and that the band would be wildly successful. I would also earn a lot of money from it and be very famous, and meet all of my favorite artists (like for example Sting) and they would give me advice on how to best manage my career from then.
Not only that, but I would also meet my soulmate shortly after being in the band. Then after I lived in the USA for a while, I would move to Japan with her. (Note: I don’t believe in such a concept as there being soulmates, after being put on antipsychotics. Sure, there are people that are compatible. But thinking that you’re destined to be with someone no matter what and that that person is the love of your life and that there can’t be anyone better for you is just untrue and psychosis inducing at best. Maybe normies can get away with that kind of thinking, but that type of sh it will just not fly with me after my experiences)
Yeah I’m kind of embarassed ever having believed this :flushed:

3 Likes

I was his sister for 3 days and dad “God” liked me better. Sucked when the episode was over because I really liked talking to God.

2 Likes

I would like me some grandiose delusions, just for a bit. My thoughts are more like: “You see all these bad things happening to all those people? It is ALL your fault! You are the worst person!”. Though that has a certain exaggerated self-importance in it, “you are the greatest person and do wonderful things” might be nice for a change. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m still blaming myself for the neighbors house burning down.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.