Gotta respect APs but am pretty sure they effect my music listening experience

I mean like 2 hours after taken my meds music doesn’t sound as rich. It seems flat and passionless. Give it 8 more hours and the music is vivid again

4 Likes

That might not be the result of the AP’s, but if it is I wouldn’t worry about it. If it gets too bad talk to your pdoc about it.

2 Likes

Would it have an immediately sense changing effect? Drs tend to say they build effect over time. Could be placebo and that it wasn’t immediate but a combination of sz and then also the dopamine inhibitor has a partial effect as well?

1 Like

My theory is that the effect is long term punctuated with acute periods immediately post dosing.

It may well be a placebo effect but I seem to have noted it often

3 Likes

Yes. Our drugs make us “flat” - which pisses me off, cos since medicated i dont get much fun out of pc games anymore.

1 Like

i still enjoy listening to music. can’t say i ever get like the music is dull…

2 Likes

When I’m unmediced music sounds amazing and very intense. Maybe its part of the euphoria I felt when I’m uneducated. I think that music doesn’t sound as good for normal people as it did for me. But now music is very flat with my medication

1 Like

that’s sad huh =(
i hope you can enjoy music better again soon… i would be really sad if i couldn’t enjoy music so much anymore…

3 Likes

Thank you! I am going to talk to my doctor soon. But I used to really love music more than anybody I know and I sounded amazing. Do you think that’s part of the illness? Maybe too much dopamine in my head?

2 Likes

yea it could be the illness. you can start to feel really numb and maybe the music also starts to sound empty then… maybe not enough dopamine? But it’s good that you will talk about it with your doc. I hope they find something for it…

2 Likes

maybe its the sedation idk, all that sshit affects your brain anywway, if there was anyway i could sstop iyt i wouldd :frowning: bbut i need it :frowning: wwhat to do?

1 Like