Got really pissed off at my folks today

I was supposed to go to theirs today but they cancelled. Haven’t left my flat in weeks. Was really looking forward to it. They went out instead but didn’t invite me. They say they don’t invite my sisters anywhere - but they are all married with families. I have no one. Just thought it was a bit heartless.

1 Like

Ps my seroquel is beginning to crap out.

1 Like

I hate it when people change arrangements like that. I’d be more worried about the seroquel though.

3 Likes

Yeah. Am trialing upping my seroquel to three times a day, same with pregabalin. Have a weeks worth of meds at this dose. Will see my gp on Monday.

1 Like

Isn’t the max dose of seroquel 750mg a day? Or are you talking about taking 600 in 3 doses?

2 Likes

Yeah taking 600 in three doses. I think the max is 800mg but I have seen folk on 1200mg before.

2 Likes

i’m sorry. my in laws do that all the time to me. they will invite my partner and her little sister and her niece but they decided i’m not good enough to buy food for or something I don’t know.

1 Like

I am feeling better now I have taken my meds. Going to trial this new regime of increased meds. @everhopeful am taking the seroquel as 300mg, 300mg then 150mg (half a pill). This is 750mg in total so is within limits.

2 Likes

U sound like george off of Seinfeld from your first comment

1 Like

@jimbob call your damn doctor! You keep tinkering with your meds on your own and it gets you into trouble.

1 Like

@ninjastar have to do something. It is hell at the moment. I am upping my meds slightly, all within safe limits. It would be impossible for me to speak to my doctor every time I have an unpleasant time. It doesn’t work that way in the uk.

You can’t call and leave a message with the nurse on call?

2 Likes

All there is is a crisis line but they can’t say anything about meds. I appreciate your concern. Will see my gp on Monday.

3 Likes

Really I should have a prn for times like this. My doc is totally anti benzo though.

1 Like

I am sorry @Jimbob

Once someone told me that I magnify everything in my mind, so think about it, you were looking forward yes, but it is not heartless, maybe they wanted privacy. People need their space too ? =( I personally do not like to help people sometimes. I wanna be alone. So it is only something minor, take it easy, the weather is changing… Have you ever done any gardening? plants at home?

1 Like

Thanks Karen. Yes we have flowers in the garden! They are pretty. Just been in the garden smoking my Sherlock Holmes pipe.

You are right about folk needing space. Will see them tomorrow. J

1 Like

I think you’re doing the right thing, you’re within safe limits.

1 Like

yeah, it sucks to get turned down by your folks while having nobody to be with. i kind-of know the feeling but i don’t live alone, so it must be even tougher for you bud

1 Like

Spoke to my community nurse today. She couldn’t advise me on meds but said I should speak to my prescriber (GP) tomorrow. Will phone first thing and explain my situation. Things should be above board resolved soon.

1 Like

Okay, good. Sorry for being a nag. I just worry about you.

2 Likes