Got my stimulus payment I think

I didn’t mean to ruin your morning by mentioning taxes.

I’m a little concerned about my taxes this year. I had taxes taken out of my employment, unemployment, and I think my covid hardship 401k distribution, but I guess I won’t know if I owe, and how much, until I complete my taxes.

I may have even made some capital gains money this year because I invested in stocks near the bottom of the covid dip and sold some short-term. Also, it is my first year as a homeowner. It could get a little complicated.

1 Like

What will you spend it on to stimulate the economy?

4 Likes

I was just kidding. I’ve never paid the IRS anything since I started working in 1978. (there are a few gaps in my employment). I’ve always got something back. My taxes are pretty simple except when I cashed in my 401K one year. Yeah, yours is sure more complicated than mine.

1 Like

I have no plans for it. I might just let it sit in my checking account and spend it a little at a time eating out or buying clothes or save it for whatever comes up. My car insurance premium is due in a few weeks so some of it will go there.

1 Like

I’ve got medical/dental bills already that will use up the $600.

On the news they said the $600 stimulus checks should start happening this week and should start showing up as electronic deposites for folks who are eligible.

2 Likes
4 Likes

My wife and I got ours. $1200 bucks. I think it hit this morning.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m listed as direct deposit with the IRS. My first payment came in the form of a check.

I received my stimulus payment this morning.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.