Got my stimulus payment I think

It’s 5:30 am here in California. I just checked my bank account online and I have a direct deposit of $600 from the U.S. treasury. What else could it be.?

But two minutes ago I read an article online that they’re still arguing about giving us $2000. Could a stimulus payment reach me so fast while they’re still arguing about the amount?

4 Likes

What’s a stimulus payment?

2 Likes

They are $600, not $2000.

It won’t be until the next administration when you’ll see another.

1 Like

Yes. A lot of people are getting their $600 stimulus.

If nothing happened while congress was “still arguing,” I suppose nothing would ever happen.

2 Likes

It’s the payment from the government for $600 that most Americans will get. We got one for $1200 last year and now this. It’s a lump sum the government gives to people in the hopes it will stimulate the economy and spark a recovery. It’s been in the news here every day for the past month or two.

It’s a little something from the US gubmint to make covid financial loss so much easier.

I’m left feeling unstimulated up north.

1 Like

Don’t you all get monthly Covid relief?

I didn’t get any payment but had a hard time signing into my bank app this morning.

Maybe everyone is checking.

1 Like

I didn’t say they were $2000. Trump was arguing for $2000.

It won’t be $2000.

1 Like

I haven’t. No one has so much as tweaked my nipple.

Yeah I heard they sent some out allready. The 600 ones. I need to check mine.

1 Like

Huh. I thought Canada was doing that. Forget where I read that.

1 Like

No. Watch Georgia go blue & youll get 2Gs

1 Like

You have to apply for relief, but the rules are so confusing a lot of people have gotten payouts they have to return and then some.

1 Like

Oh yeah, it looks like payments are going through.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anything yet. Will be nice. I’ll be able to fix my van, hopefully.

3 Likes

Besides, if the IRS wants to tax us for the stimulus check this year, they would theoretically need to pay us before the end of today.

Just so happens you owe 600 in forum chat taxes, I can process it for you :smiley:

4 Likes

Damn, that ruins my morning.

2 Likes