Got in a fight with my friend about mental illness

Keeping your stress level as low as possible is really important. Right now your health and your baby’s health are the most important thing. You can always address the friendship at a later date.

3 Likes

I wish you the best. i’m sorry about your friend. that was uncalled for.

2 Likes

Thank you so much that’s so sweet of you. I’m really moved by all the support I’ve gotten from you guys :slight_smile: I don’t think I’m gonna be friends with that girl anymore

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: I feel more confident that maybe my kid won’t inherit what I have

Yeah after everything gets sorted out and my fiancé and I get through this I may reach out to her

2 Likes

Beautifully said, @mortimermouse!

2 Likes

No problem, and remember it isn’t a maybe won’t inherit- it is probably won’t inherit. It is a high likelihood that your kid will be okay. Take care of yourself so that you can be a proud parent. Your health is like the base of the tree, like the tree stump sort of- it’s necessary in order for the family tree to grow healthily.

By the way I am not in grad school at the moment and have no license so it is okay for me to speak with you guys. It won’t exactly be by the book when I am back in school…but maybe it will be alright if I don’t tell you guys that I am back in school…I will never give this site up.

2 Likes

Yes stay on the site! I’ll miss you if you leave

I’m very pro-choice, but for her to batter you round the head with her opinion is out of order. Choice is exactly that: Choice.

Yeah she’s not even pro choice in my opinion, she’s pro abortion. She always talks about how if she ever got pregnant she’d get an abortion and that every unmarried woman or woman under 25 should get an abortion. I really shouldn’t be surprised she had something to say about my situation

Abortion is a choice. Freedom for women.

It’s not something you force down other peoples throats though

3 Likes

I agree. Your friend owes you a gargantuan apology. Hopefully, for her sake, she’ll be able to see that. If she doesn’t see it, she is just going to go getting more and more bitter until she ends up either totally alone or with a small circle of friends who are also bitter. She stuck her nose in where it didn’t belong.

1 Like

how are you feeling today, @PrincessKenny?

Yeah it really hurt my feelings because I’m actually excited about my fiancé and me becoming parents and it was like she just took a big dump on my happiness by suggesting that my kid doesn’t deserve to live just because it might have SZ someday. And what does that say about her opinions of people with mental illness? Just so uncalled for

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m feeling pretty good thanks for asking :blush: I felt awful when I woke up but now I’m just hungry lol we ordered Chinese takeout and I can’t wait for it to get here

1 Like

I have two great boys despite my sz they are one of the best gifts ever. They have only a 10% chance of getting sz . If they do they will have more supportive environment than most… I speak openly to them about it and they know they are at risk, so stay away from trggers, I tell them. Hoping better treatment will be available for them in the future if need be. Glad you stuck up for yourself, some people have no respect for life.

Thank you, your comment really gives me some good advice. I will make sure to raise my kid to know that my fiancé and I are there no matter what and to avoid things that could trigger the onset of symptoms. I’m so happy for you that your sons are doing well so far

1 Like

Congrats! Nothing worse than Nazi-style eugenics baloney to rain on your awesome parade…ignore your “friend,” you’re going to be an awesome parent with awesome offspring!

There’s also a thread here about how taking choline during pregnancy can greatly DEcrease a baby’s likelihood of developing sz…just in case you are curious, here’s the link:
http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/preventing-schizophrenia-during-pregnancy-with-high-choline-intake/785

1 Like