Got groceries

If you can cook beans - try buying raw in a pack. it is the price of one can but lasts for a month…
Just soak the beans in water overnight and then the next day boil for 1 hour (if you can) then you can some sort of sauce to it or herbs etc. Garlic lemon oil etc tomato

(hope i am not bothering you with ideas )

Agreed! lol can openers are a cornerstone of anybody’s kitchen

Funny story, one time I bought a bunch of potatoes and came home and realized I had no potato peeler. I posted on facebook like, “what am I going to do with all these potatoes???” and my cousin goes, “hmm, it seems like a knife could do that, too, have you tried using a knife?” I was all embarrassed and used the knife as a peeler. Random story

1 Like

Beans + Rice = “The poor man’s steak,” it has the same complex proteins as “real” meat.

1 Like

You can buy a can opener from a dollar store. :smiley:

I bought mine for 2 or 3 bucks it is betty Crocker.

It’s a staple of diet in latin America!

It’s far cheaper and smarter than eating red meat…but, not, quite, as …tasty, but it works well on a budget.

1 Like

I love their food :shallow_pan_of_food: :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

well my blackberries are getting soft. i will need to get new fruits soon. i might go for kiwi or strawberry. probably strawberry since kiwis have dirty skins, methinketh

kiwis are amazing man. I eat the skins because I’m kewl like that. Why not eat the blackberries before they get soft next time??

1 Like

i don’t like finishing food too quickly, that’s why the blackberries are still around. lol. also, one time i picked up a bag of kiwis and they fell out. with such poor bags, i’m quite sure the kiwis are very very dirty. i won’t be eating the peel.

I have a fruit fetish…some people have foot fetishes…me? I have a fruit fetish.

my fruit goes very quickly

especially black berries :open_mouth: those are gone within an hour so…

1 Like

have u ever put an hole in an orange and…

2 Likes

I got groceries delivered today too. Now, I have to get motivated real quick to take a shower before dinner. I’m going to the symphony tonight after dinner: “Mahler’s Ninth”.

i got some groceries today. i got some peanuts, to help substitute some meat. i also got bananas! I got milk and cereal in bulk. heck i think i might get them in bulk online.

the only thing i regret about this visit is that i got the same cereal as before, corn flakes. there was more of it than other cereals, so i had to get it. but i hope two fruits will make the cereal less boring.

you can carve a v inside an apple and make a pipe! you do it with ink pens or a screwdriver.

I’m good on the groceries right now after recently running low on food. I never had gotten as low on food as I did even though I had enough to survive a week or two. I have lived a very pampered life up till now obviously because in the past there was always plenty in the fridge and the cabinet to eat. They put me on commodities and I’m glad because that will help in the winter when it’s more difficult to go to the store due to the weather conditions. They provide a good number of canned goods and I just add meat, cheese, and eggs and I’m set.