Got Apt now

Gotta work up the nerve to drive to it. There are big ditches on both sides of the road all the way there and back I’m so scared to drive that road. It sucks

6 Likes

I think if you focus you’ll be ok.

2 Likes

Yeah try to relax @Turtle41
You will manage just fine.

2 Likes

Thanks @wave @ZmaGal I’m over thinking driving before I even get behind the wheel again.

2 Likes

I renewed my driving license and they want me to go there for a new pic. I was supposed to go today but was tired.

2 Likes

I almost never drive now that I have bad negative symptoms.

2 Likes

I’m the same way @Turtle41
I always get so anxious days before I have to drive me and my father places.

I don’t like getting behind the wheel but once I’m driving I calm down a bit.

2 Likes

I don’t mind up town so much but this straight stretch for 20 miles with ditches on both sides I’m scared of falling off, is that stupid? Lol

3 Likes

No it’s not stupid
Your fears are very real to you.

Have you tried CBT?

1 Like

No not for this anxiety. This is my first time behind a wheel following my episode. Distance wise.

2 Likes

We’ll CBT can help, also were you prescribed a benzo for anxiety?

1 Like

Yes. I appreciate your support, it means a lot.

2 Likes

Sure @Turtle41
You will be fine.
You can do this!

2 Likes

I can relate to the fear because Haldol makes my mind full and I feel like I can’t think fast enough to drive. But just don’t mess with your radio or phone. Pay attention and you should be ok

3 Likes

You can do it!

2 Likes

There is this stretch of road between our facility and this town that is up high and between two steep drop offs. The drop offs are only 15 - 20 feet high, but that’s high enough. If you sit on the back seat and look out the window it looks like the van is very close to falling off the road and bouncing down that steep drop off. It’s creepy. One time on vacation my family took this road that was carved out of the side of the hill, and it had no barriers to stop it if it swerved off the road. The drop off was high. We went through it with little heartache, but there were times when I was sobering up after a hard drunk that I would have ■■■■ my pants driving that stretch of road.

2 Likes

I don’t think I can get a driver’s license because I have been judged incompetent by the courts.

3 Likes

Good luck @Turtle41.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.