Got a job interview 👍

It’s for a lab tech position. I applied last Monday, received a text from their HR this morning, had a phone interview at 2:00. The phone interview went well, so now I have an in-person interview Thursday afternoon.

I’m excited and nervous.

The pay is pretty good, about the same as I make now as the assistant manager of a dispensary, except it comes with a great benefits package. My current job offers no benefits, not even PTO.

The two HR guys who were on the phone with me today apparently had no issues with me working in the cannabis industry.

18 Likes

Wow! Good for you!!! I really hope you get the job!

2 Likes

Good for you. Hope it goes well. :mouse::mouse::mouse:

2 Likes

Thanks.

Yeah, I recently lost my Medicaid managed care plan, so I have no insurance. More than ever, I need a job like this.

I was supposed to receive my AP injection today, Aristada, but nope. Idk what’s going to happen to my med regimen, just hope I don’t go crazy in the meantime.

5 Likes

You really need this and that makes me hopeful for you! Good luck and may you get everything solved before your mental health suffers from being unmedicated

3 Likes

Good luck
Hope you get it

2 Likes

That’s great news, and I hope next time you update us, it’s with a new job and maybe your AP injection, too! Best of luck to you!!!

2 Likes

Hang in there fella, it’s bound to get better. Benefits would be a huge plus. Retirement would be nice. When you get older, you’re on a fixed income. Extra money in a pinch can help. I always enjoy your posts about music. Good things

2 Likes

I hope you do get the job! Hugs

2 Likes

Great news! I hope you get the job, and I hope you’ll like it.

2 Likes

Had the interview a couple hours ago, and I think it went pretty well :+1::crossed_fingers:.

It was three people interviewing me, one of whom went to the same university I went to for undergrad. He and I talked a bit about the school and the town. Can’t hurt, sharing an alma mater with one of the interviewers. Not to mention he’s a chemical engineer, and I majored in chemical engineering my first two years there.

I asked them if they should decide to hire me, how long it would be until I know. They told me a couple weeks, so I might have to be patient.

4 Likes

Hope you get the job.:slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes!

1 Like

Sounds like it went great! I am rooting for you!!!

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I’m hopeful. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

When I had my phone interview with HR I mentioned working in a dispensary and they had no problem with it.

Today at my face to face interview with three senior lab people I talked about it again, I mean I have to talk about my current job, and they also seemed to have no problem with it.

I’ve been hoping a lab outside of the cannabis industry will accept me. I just feel stuck in the cannabis industry at this point.

3 Likes

I hope you get it @freakonaleash! I hope it’s a more tranquil environment if you do.

1 Like

Thanks, and I think it will be, at least compared to the dispensary.

1 Like

That’s great! Hope it all goes well for you!

1 Like

Good luck @freakonaleash.

1 Like

Wishing you luck man!

1 Like