Schizophrenia.com

Got a bad headache - think I need new glasses

Has been aching for hours. Thought it was low blood sugar at first but I have eaten. Think it might be my vision.

4 Likes

What type of pain is it?

1 Like

Is at the back of my head and is a throbbing pain. Turning off the lights helps

1 Like

The majority of migraines develop without an aura. In typical cases, the pain is on one side of the head, often beginning around the eye and temple before spreading to the back of the head. The pain is frequently severe and is described as throbbing or pulsating. Nausea is common, and many migraine patients have a watering eye, a running nose, or congestion. If these symptoms are prominent, they may lead to a misdiagnosis of sinus headaches. One way to remember the features of migraine is to use the word POUND

Migraine treatment. If you spot a migraine in its very earliest stages, you may be able to control it with nonprescription pain relievers. Acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and a combination of pain medications and caffeine are all effective — if you take a full dose very early in the attack. The anti-nausea drug metoclopramide (Reglan) may enhance the activity of NSAIDs.

1 Like

Try taking an NSAID with an antihistamine. It’s a common OTC migraine cocktail a lot of people swear by. Usually Aleve and Benadryl, but I don’t know what those are called where you are.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice posts folks. Is appreciated

2 Likes

Had some Tylenol. That and two cups of weak tea seems to have helped. Thank goodness

4 Likes

Have got a blocked nose. Wondering if this is a sinus headache

2 Likes

Poke on your cheeks. If it makes the pain worse, it’s probably a sinus headache. Lol

1 Like

Do you get seasonal allergies?

1 Like

Yeah I do get allergies. Didn’t use to but do now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.