Good news thread

Does anyone have good or exciting news they want to share? Recovery anniversaries, new opportunities, positive changes in their lives? Step right up and let us know!

I’ll start: I’m almost graduated from foster class, and Mr. Star and I have a vacation planned for after we graduate but before our licenses are finalized. A last big hurrah before having kids!

27 Likes

My daughter is abstinent!!! No grand children until at least after she graduates college!!!

12 Likes

Hmm… I don’t really have anything other than I washed the dishes. My life is pretty uneventful these days.

8 Likes

It seems after about two years of trying to get my driver’s license reinstated, it is finally happening. I received a paper in the mail today instructing me to go to the nearest DMV to get my driver’s license renewed.

11 Likes

My mother in law is still in rehab so I have the house to myself for at least another couple weeks!

11 Likes

We bought a new car! :oncoming_automobile:

17 Likes

If I could give that one 2 likes I would.

4 Likes

Celebrations for all of you!!!

enbyhearteyes

5 Likes

I finally got got dishes done. I’m starting to plan hiking, camping and fishing trips with Logan. I’m going to starting new therapy classes and maybe going to game night at Cory’s house. I’m doing these things a little at a time so I don’t get overwhelmed.

8 Likes

I got my license renewed for my new state today and got my car registered.
Thankfully that was given to me as a gift because I could not afford it.

I had the most amazing cinnamon bun with heaps of icing sugar on and a delicious coffee.
I enjoyed this so much.

I moved interstate to live with my former step mum a bit over a week ago and things are going well.
I miss my x and the dogs I moved away from but I’m still stable.

It is so beautiful here.
Another type of beauty than it was in the other state.

I am so happy for my sacred neigh.
She has a great home I agist for her.
Much better than her last home which is reason enough for a break up actually because she has grass to graze now.:heart:

I made a quiche for my former step mum for dinner and I am having mashed potato with onion,broccoli,mushrooms in ginger ,garlic and soy sauce and a vegetarian pattie.

7 Likes

I walked nearly 13000 steps yesterday even though it felt like very little

8 Likes

Ive been alcohol free for 10 days now. Know it doesnt sound much - but its taken a hella lot of willpower so far. Not lost out in the social life of mine at the bar. Im strictly orange juice and lemonade now when i visit and been drinking vast amounts of sugary tea. Its about time i gave my poor liver a rest.

21 Likes

Way to go rog!!

6 Likes

@anon94176359

Thank you!! :smiley:

6 Likes

I just received a set of skincare product from one of my sisters today as a gift. It is made in South Korea. Nowadays Korean skincare products are very popular in China.

My sister taught me how to use skincare because I had been very lazy in using skincare.

6 Likes

I brushed my teeth this morning which is always an achievement, i really need a check up though.

6 Likes

This is amazing news! I know how much you’ve been working towards this goal.

4 Likes

@ninjastar

Yeah its still hard not to pick up a drink but im determined. Im taking extra meds TBH so im sleepy when im craving. Thanks.

4 Likes

Does your doctor know you’ve upped your dose? You should call and let them know if you haven’t yet.

1 Like

My parents told me that they will be moving out in about 5 weeks. They have been living at my house way longer than was planned. Not long now until I get the place to my self and I can do what I want.

4 Likes