Good morning. What are your plans for today?

I’m taking a sick day, a “mental health day”. I don’t feel well so I’m skipping my appointment and shopping and just doing nothing. What are you doing?

7 Likes

I have to bathe and do some chores this morning, then this afternoon I have an appointment to get my hearing aids! I’m pretty excited.

4 Likes

Morning leaf. Hope you have a good day.

I’m taking a mental health day too. Woke up with voices. If I’m feeling up to it later I may try to shower. But I don’t have a whole lot going on.

4 Likes

It’s afternoon now
I woke up this morning without enthusiasm
However I pushed myself to go volunteer work and I’m glad I did I only did one hour I got train there I’m finding it easier to go on train the more I do it so I’m pleased about my morning
I’m feeling bit better now after a terrible cold

4 Likes

Going out in the snow and cold to work brrrrrrrr :cold_face:

2 Likes

Put on lots of layers so you stay warm and dry

2 Likes

@LED is this your first time getting hearing aids? That is exciting.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve been HoH my whole life but this will be my first pair.

3 Likes

@Ooorgle I hope you have a good day too. Sorry you have voices. The shower used to always trigger mine so I take baths. Now I just like baths better.

2 Likes

@shellys12 it’s great the train is getting easier. What type of volunteer work do you do? I’m glad you’re getting over your cold.

That sounds good actually, maybe I’ll bath instead. Yeah shower messes with me sometimes too

2 Likes

@LED oh that will be wonderful to hear better. I hope you like it.

1 Like

Im gonna have a nice hot soak in the bath, with a bit of dettol, finished off with johnsons baby powder. And prat around on the internet till im going to bed at 9.30 ish. The shrink kindly gave me a months worth of 25mg Serqoul today, so any anxiety - and ill pop a couple extra ontop of my 300mg.

Ive whacked the heating up - sod the cost, cos ive just paid it!, im cold. And maybe bung some tunes on later.

Not exciting i know - but i aim to have a relaxing evening, not worrying about anything and to chill out in my dressing gown.

2 Likes

@Ooorgle Just leave the fan off, sometimes that causes voices too.

1 Like

I am tasked with watching my two energy filled kids, so far they are destroying everything in sight ha.

I have a phone interview I am supposed to have some time today, hopefully my sister or brother can relieve me of my duties temporarily so I can concentrate on that and do a good job. I’m pretty nervous, this is only my second interview since having been diagnosed with schizophrenia 2 and a half years ago.

My daughter really wants to watch Frozen 2, that may be in the plans for today, depends on when I get called for that interview, I don’t know how much I really want to watch it though, maybe it won’t be that bad.

3 Likes

@Naarai Sounds like you’re doing a wonderful job of taking care of yourself. Good on you

1 Like

Thanks! Im pampering myself like an old man! lol.

3 Likes

@brandotron Sounds like the kids need a directed activity Dad. Get them going on an art project like making turkey hands or some other Thanksgiving themed crafts project depending on your supplies. You can do a quick internet search to find some. Good luck with your interview, what job is it for?

2 Likes

I had appointments to check on my heart this morning. Now I’m wearing a heart monitor for the next 24 hours. It looks like I’m wearing a diabetes pump. Now I have to do designs for my visual communications class.

2 Likes

@Naarai It’s wonderful. Frankly not enough men take care of themselves this way. It makes me happy to hear.

1 Like