Good morning/Good night thread

How was it left with your mum @anon84763962?

1 Like

On good terms.

After the fight (which was one sided, her side, I just sat there and cried) she had another go at me when I was trying to explain myself. Then when I was trying to change my flight on the computer, she came in and was really nice to me.

The next day she and I drove to Gympie for the day and had a nice time together. Then the day after that we all went into the city because she had a dental appointment and I had lunch with my sister.

Her tooth was really hurting the whole time I was there so I think that shortened her temper significantly, but I still think she overreacted when I first tried to talk to her.

Thanks for checking in. She actually said on my last day there that she would miss me when I was gone which I found unbelievable and questioned her about but she stuck by the statement.

1 Like

Am glad things worked out ok. Is bad to leave people on bad terms. How was it with your sister?

1 Like

Actually good. Normally she would have just spent the whole time talking about herself and her job which is boring. But I got in first and set an agenda.

I told her about the wedding, which I wasn’t going to do until March to dissuade her from coming, but now I don’t really mind if she comes.

Then we talked about her daughter’s 21st and an alternative plan for it because no one wants to go to the party she’s having down here. She lives in the same city as me. And so do all my ex inlaws and they are the most horrible people any of us have ever had to deal with.

1 Like

Some people are horrible. It is good you have the perspective to see them.

1 Like

When I was a teenager, and just before my sister (who is now a lesbian anyway) was due to marry her ex, we had his father and brother over for dinner. His father sat there and went on and on about how women shouldn’t be allowed to serve in the army because they get periods, and his brother (who is around the same age as me and now a major druggie) went on and on about the Australian music industry and how I don’t know anything about it.

I got so angry at both of them I stormed downstairs to my room and punched a hole in the wall!

2 Likes

Made me laugh! I can picture you punching through a wall!

1 Like

Yes :blush: I hulked up for that one!

1 Like
2 Likes

lol!!! :smile:

1 Like

I got to rest. I had taken a nap earlier, but it’s past midnight now. see you all later. :v:

1 Like

Good morning everyone :sunny: I have to go into the city today. I need to go to the bank and I’m having lunch with my niece to calm her down about her 21st.

@Jimbob my sister got in contact with me yesterday to say she had spoken with my niece about her 21st and told her no one wants to be at that party and offered to fly her up to Queensland for a second party with all the good side of the family.

Apparently she didn’t take it well (even though she had spoken with my other niece and admitted she didn’t know what she was thinking when she organised it). And she isn’t speaking with my sister now so I have to go in and do some damage control.

1 Like

Morning @anon84763962 !
Are you watching Australian Open ??
Federer made it to the final for the 6th time in his career. Nadal and Dimitrov will fight it out soon in the other semi.
Who are you rooting for ??

1 Like

I’ve watched some of it. I watched Mischa defeat Andy Murray (I was so happy about that, I really like Mischa). Then I watched Mischa play Federer and Federer won but was really lovely about it.

I’m going for Federer. I think he is such a lovely person, I really admire him. And his an amazing player.

1 Like

Yeah both Mischa and Roger play serve and volley which is so rare nowadays… I also like Federer’s style but will that be enough against Nadal’s grit?? We’ll see :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d never really watched the tennis much before. I used to play when I was a kid and loved it.

But watching it is actually pretty exciting!

1 Like

Morning all.

Goodness me - family dynamics are complicated! Sure you will do good damage control but life would be easier if you didn’t need to eh? So is your niece living with her father?

1 Like

No, her father still lives in Brisbane, but all of his familt live down here in Melbourne.

When Em moved, she moved in with his sister and worked with her. Now she shares a flat with another girl which is good, but she still lives in the same part of town and just around the corner from them all. It’s a long way away from the city where she lives, it takes us over an hour to drive there and it takes her about an hour and a half on trains to come see us. We live close to the city.

1 Like

Right I see. What is your plan for damage control?

1 Like

I’m practicing the conversation now. I have to diplomatically tell her that it’s a better idea for her to have separate parties because the night in Melbourne would be really uncomfortable and leave a bad memory of her 21st.

Traditionally, the two families have never gotten along since before she was born. But she’s young and idealistic so I have to contend with the buts and ifs.

Her father’s side of the family, well her father and her brother are gearing up for a fight. My nephew was at Mum’s recently and let the cat out of the bag that “Dad and I are taking her out the night before to get in first.” Her father even said “Your brother and I are taking you out for dinner the night before because your mother’s family always gets in first.”

Mum told my nephew that he has to at least acknowledge my sister at the party (he doesn’t speak to my sister since she took up residency with a woman), and he just flat out said “nup!”

That branch of the family, including my sister, is just so full of drama. They all revel in it, they love drama. But it’s too much to handle. That’s why I live happily in Melbourne, I’m removed from it!

I guess I’ll just sort of try to bring her around to seeing that two parties is better than one and that she’d rather have the memory of two good parties than one really uncomfortable one where no one is talking to one another and a fight might even break out.

Understandably my sister doesn’t want to expose her partner to the situation because that would be like a red rag to a bull.

We’ll see how it goes. I’m planning to have her over to my place for a lunch when my father is in town because he can’t make it to her birthday, he has to leave before the party and doesn’t want to go anyway. But if she has a party in Brisbane, he would be able to go.

I recently had to have an adult conversation with her because she met a guy on tinder , met him in real life once and then planned to go to Byron Bay for new year’s with him … after meeting him once! The flight was cancelled in the end and they only made it to the gold coast, but I had to tell her the cold har truth of how that situation looked and how worried I was about her going through with it. I got her to agree to call me every day at five.

I swear, sometimes I feel like her surrogate mother.

1 Like