Good morning/Good night thread

I was on a college football message board and someone posted “I hope the Australians don’t make fun of us for wearing pads!”

We have some “Australia rules football” players here who end up being punters or kickers. What’s australian rules football, the same as rugby?

No Australian rules, or AFL, is very different to rugby. I’m a bit hard on my knowledge, but I’ll try. In AFL there are about eighteen players from each team on the ground during play and it’s a chaotic game to watch.

Rugby is more formulaic to watch. I’m talking more about rugby league as opposed to rugby union which I’ve never really watched. In rugby league the players all run in a long straight line side by side from one end of the field to another, but it’s a really brutal game with heavy tackles. The games are usually low scoring.

In AFL the players are all over the field during play and the ball goes everywhere. It’ a very athletic game to watch. Although there are tackles, the players aren’t as big and meaty as rugby league players so they don’t look as brutal. AFL is usually a high scoring game.

AFL is more about kicking, Rugby League is more about passing and tackling.

Mr Turtle writes a very successful blog on one team for the AFL. I prefer AFL to rugby league, my team is the Brisbane Lions. Mr Turtle goes for collingwood. Neither of our teams are doing very well this season.

I highly recommend watching both games if ever you get the chance!

1 Like

Cfl is fun also.
Go Stampeders.

I should get some sleep now. Goodnight everyone.

1 Like

Morning all. Been up since 5:20am. Is 11:00am now.

Slept right through last night - first time in a few days. Feeling good.

Took my quetiapine this morning and luckily not too sedated. All is well.

2 Likes

I woke up around 6:00 pm last night. Now it is 5:10 am, and I’m starting to feel a little sleepy. I always get my days and nights turned around on the weekends.

1 Like

Good afternoon. How is everyone today? I see the board has been busy. Well I achieved that 92% but didn’t get that 65% mark in 3 areas so it looks like more studying.

3 Likes

good morning everyone :sunny:

Well done @Skims :blush: 92% is really good. Good luck with the studying.

1 Like

Good morning !!!

1 Like

How are you today JJ? How many days sober are you up to now?

76…today is a great day!!!

2 Likes

Well done! Getting closer and closer to the 100 mark!

1 Like

90 is the big day in aa! After that you count months and years, not days…unless you really want to

Now that I think of it though, 100 is my record so that is a big day! Check in day to my apartment is when I reach 100

1 Like

Good morning, guys! :sunny:

1 Like

Good morning

Yesterday at the park.

: )

6 Likes

Good morning I hope it is

2 Likes

Good morning everyone :sunny:

3 Likes

Morning @anon84763962. Sleep well?

1 Like

I did actually. I was having a nice dream when my alarm went off. I can’t remember it now.

Thanks for asking @Jimbob. You’re a good egg, I like you a lot.

I’m listening to my new Beatles album my mum got me for my birthday. The CD player in my car stopped working which is disappointing, but at least I can listen to it here at home!

2 Likes

Good night, sweet dreams beloved potatoes.

1 Like