Schizophrenia.com

Good day vs. not so good day

Here is a not so good day in my opinion:

my sis will ask… “Would you like a turkey sandwich?”

I will ask… “Will it have bread?”

She will say… “If you want, what kind would you like?”

I will say… “Bread… what would I like. I would like a life. They say bread is life, the soil the toil, the rain, the grain… like the vastness in a grain of sand. The tighter you grip it, the more it slips through your fingers into the universe. LIke sanity, you can make your self crazy gripping normalcy so tightly that you appear crazy on the other side. One is So normal they aren’t normal anymore because of their fear of looking abnormal. That has altered their ability to enjoy their individuality so they don’t look normal any more…”

My sis waits patently and hands me a sandwich.

A good day in my opinion:

My sis will ask “Would you like a turkey sandwich?”

I will ask, “will it have bread?”

She will say, “If you want what kind would you like?”

I will say… "Could it be open faced with extra cheese on the multi-grained?

My sis hands me a sandwich, toasted with extra cheese and glass of iced tea.

2 Likes

You sure expect a lot from a sandwich :smile: Maybe your sister should be a chef?
“I will say… Bread… what I would like. I would like a life…” (sorry I wasn’t paying attention and I don’t know how to post quotes) sounds kinda like poetry. Maybe you could write down what you say word for word on a bad day, couch it in some action and normal dialogue on a good day, and BAM. Short story.

0 Likes

you are a complicated guy on a bad day.
take care

1 Like

Lol. Doesn’t the definition of a sandwich include bread?

2 Likes

Hey, surprised. This came to mind. Because someone gets asked a simple question and…

2 Likes