Going to local slam poetry event tonight

On a field trip for school. We’re allowed to perform but I’m not gonna…

4 Likes

You should. You should perform Jenanene Garafolo’s poetry and piss everybody off.

Maybe you could work up to performing in a few months time? Either way I am sure you will learn a lot and enjoy yourself.

2 Likes

I was a bird, till I was shot and eaten…the end…by Jenene Garafolo.

By the way, my bird is a pheasant with a beautiful tail and wings…but sadly I was killed with a shotgun…the end…by Jenene Garafolo.

But my spirit lives on the shaman said, YES! I am a magic bird…a dead bird, a suffering death bird.

Did I mention I was bucking shot???

1 Like

Lol it’s a sensitive time since the election so I’m trying not to piss anybody off. Trying to write my second book right now. Gonna steer more in that direction rather than poetry. Maybe if I wrote a book every two years I can be a successful writer??? It’s a very discouraging career when you’ve got nothing to write about, but when you come up with good ideas you’re ridin high :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good luck, it’s always fun. I preformed at one once, stuttered and was in second place. The first place won a bottle of wine

1 Like

I REALLY enjoy forgotten realms RA Salvatore books. I’ve read them since highschool.

1 Like

I know RA Salvatore well. I can’t really write fiction. But I have a ton of RA Salvatore books back home. Can’t really get into fantasy though :smile:

1 Like

Have a good time! :tada:

1 Like

Maybe make a story about our illness?? I would make fantasy books, and make a great imaginary escape from the norm.

That was my first book :blush: the main topic was stigma of the illness but conveyed many other aspects of the illness as well!

1 Like

I’d write a horror story with proper fantasy fantastical themed writing. I once wrote the beginnings of a movie script called (horned owls).

1 Like

It’s a movie about CIA agents that use all sorts of worldly black magick to interrogate and kill their victims. Until they get under the control of a succubus at the end of the first movie…

Anxiety Anxiety Anxiety

Why are you anxious?

Idk my mom asked my the same thing. I can’t pinpoint it exactly but I think my subconscious knows I’m going into a new type of situation round lots of people and it’s making me have anxiety. I took a klonopin. That helped a little bit still pretty anxious.

1 Like

I think you’ll have a good time! :relaxed:

1 Like

Hey moon beam I had a good time :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great! :relaxed:

2 Likes