Going to apply to

Be a pharmacy technician. I used to be good at math, but I need to brush up on it. I haven’t been in school for 20 years. The application involves a 45 minute math and personality test. Hopefully I do well at it. My concern is that the men are still following me and they might come into my work to laugh at me and then they might kidnap and torture me. The friend of theirs that I saw a couple days ago was laughing at me in his eyes. They leave me alone when I’m at home so I’m most comfortable there, but we need more money. Hopefully I can do the math. I found a website that gives examples of what I need to know. I’ll go through the whole thing and then take the test.

5 Likes

@CoCo, Good luck getting the ok having a psychotic disorder. Most states don’t let psychotic people work in medicine, nursing, pharmacy or allied health professions.

1 Like

i want to wish you well with your application. From what you are saying it sounds like you’re looking for a job to help financially rather than feeling ready (correct me if I’m wrong ). If this is the case maybe discuss other options with your pdoc?

3 Likes

Good luck on applying to the job, there’s an awesome math site that tells you all the solutions you might need, it’s https://www.wolframalpha.com it helped me a lot while I had to do math in college.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Good luck @CoCo go for your dreams and hopefully your symptoms will get better after you get used to working.

2 Likes

Yes. I’m not ready but my husband and I are both on disability and we really need the money

1 Like

Thanks @Lenny :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you should talk this plan over with your caseworker and therapist. If you are sure you want to work, maybe you can get a job coach to help you on site in case of panic attacks.

2 Likes

@CoCo, And, if you try to hide your psychosis and go to school, graduate, and work anyway, good luck because school will probably be too tough for you. And, if by some miracle you graduate, work will definitely be too tough on you and your psychosis will probably end up being discovered in which case, you will probably lose your license to practice. I know. That is exactly what happened to me. I used to be an R.N. Your only hope is that a pharmacy tech job is nowhere near as difficult as an R.N.'s job. So, in that way, there’s a chance.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe, I’m sorry you lost your license. That’s so harsh. What a horrible thing for you to go through! I can tell it hurt you deeply. I have the 9 months available for ticket to work program. So I’ll have to figure out while on the job if I can handle it or not. The pharmacy I’m applying to does on the job training so it’ll most likely become obvious during training if I can’t handle it. But I at least want to try. I’ll talk it over with my case manager when I see her.

1 Like

Wishing you well :blush:

1 Like

So I just got into pharmacy tech school and in my state, I’m required to disclose the nature of my disability since it can impact my judgment and from what I understand, getting a license is much more difficult due to the psychosis so I’m going another route now. It might be totally fine in your case, but just in case I would look at the laws!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. It turns out I can’t get a license in my state. I would need my dr to sign a letter saying my disability was temporary and I’m better now.

Ugh I hate that for you. It sucks that our career options are so limited. People with baggage or other mental health disorders get a pass, but we don’t? Even if we’re stable? That just makes me crazy. I was in a counseling licensure program and there were people there with TONS of issues but since they didn’t involve psychosis they got to stay when I didn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand why they do it. But it doesn’t make it hurt less or be less frustrating to acknowledge that.

3 Likes

Was just about to say something like this. Makes my blood boil, to be honest.

I hope you can work something out @CoCo.

1 Like

Thanks @bedubbs and @antidepressant044. I’m frustrated too. I will have to think of something else.

1 Like

You’re smart; I think you’ll find something. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.