Schizophrenia.com

Going through a rough time

I’m going through a temporary separation with my wife. I am trying to handle it the best I can, but its sad. We got into a big fight where she was using my homicidal ideation against me and said some pretty mean things. But im not sure if this is the beginning of the end or a change of some sort. I’m currently staying with my family which honestly does help keep my mind off of it. Just trying to keep the stress down so my symptoms stay low. Idk any kind words would be helpful. I never thought I would see this day.

Have you told your psychiatrist about this?

1 Like

Yes I have. I was recently hospitalized due to it.

Do you still have it?

It’s good to have some space and both think about what you guys want to do with the relationship. Maybe when you are ready to talk to each other. Sorry to hear you’re going through difficult times.

I been through separations with my partner of 20 years. Once we were separated for nearly a year but we got back together and are happy now.

I went through some rough times in my relationship. Now, I value her a lot.

1 Like

She might be frightened of you due to your homicidal ideation. Is it gone now?

2 Likes

I remember when I was a registered nurse and did my psych rotation they said a majority of the people in the ward were there because they lost their job, or lost a family member, or they broke up with their spouse. If you know that these things are the major things that break a human being down you realize you have to put a lot of effort into overcoming these trials and setbacks. I wish upon you strength and peace to get through this and hopefully it gets resolved in your favor. Take care.

2 Likes

sorry to hear you going through a rough time =(
But i can understand that homicidal ideation can be an issue… i hope you can deal with it soon and get over it.

I hope things get better for you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.