Going back to work

i have to atleast find part time work. Its mostly factories around me… i dont think i can keep up with most hourly production jobs… i might be able to drive a forklift but anything larger im worried the meds might be an issue…i dont think i can do most of the things i have exp in…

I have come off benzos but have smoked some pot to kick my ptsd and anxiety when it gets bad… so passing a drug test will probably require either fake pee or a cleansing drink you take right before the test…

Im nervous but i cant afford my meds. I think i found my combo and id rather not have to end up quiting cold turkey … my doc gave me all the free samples they had… i have 33 days worth of my ap… sigh…

5 Likes

Go search for low stress parttime job…!!! I am in need of one but u am super anxious by heart…!!!

1 Like

Have you tried government funded places to get your meds

1 Like

I found a forklift operator job no drug test or backround check… they organize the inventory in the back of one of the factories in town… i was pretty much baptized in fire on the fork lift so this should be cake… if i can fall asleep ill go ask about it tomm…

2 Likes

I have safety net… with a rx discount… my gabapenton cost 14$ but this ap may cost me 100$… which isnt terrible i guess but way out if my budget…

$100 is a lot trust me I’m in the same right situation. Where I’m from there are government funded places that help ppl with mental health that can receive free care and meds

1 Like

I wish… safety net covers 100% of my doc and shrink visits… but the med prices are only reduced…

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you’re smoking pot. Maybe some day you won’t need to.
Anyways, yeah, driving a forklift is fun. Not too hard to pick up the skills it takes to drive one. You don’t know for sure if you can’t do production work. Who knows, it might be more possible than you think.

3 Likes

Well at least you get some kind of help.

1 Like

Pots no problem i can smoke twice a week or take valiums multiple times a day… valium hurt to come off of… dam pot stays in your pee forever though…

I have a forklift cert…my test was to race my boss around the building in the snow… lol… i can also drive cranes and some other large machines but im afraid my meds would allow me to make mistakes…fork lift is pretty simple.

I did not sleep due to stress and a kidney stone so i probably wont go today… but maybe tomm if i can get rid of this dam rock in my guts…

1 Like

I wish the best for you @flameoftherhine.

2 Likes

Ty ty… i wish you well… as well…

1 Like

I knew someone who drove a forklift for Ace Hardware. That seems to be a great place to work.

1 Like

We have a home depo. But its hard to get on. Its a decent job and once somebody gets in they usually keep it.

1 Like

I also knew a lot of people in the military who use forklifts. They could always use someone with skills.

1 Like

I hope you get the forklift job.

Have you tried applying for disability? I remember a while back you were going to look into this.

2 Likes

Dont have the time or patience its so much crappy hoops to jump through…it just overwhelms me… the seroquel xr 2 times a day plus gabapenton seems to be my combo… the only downfall is i feel very tired… it doesnt stop the hallucinations but life is bearable…

1 Like

How is the gabapentin working for you? My doctor recently prescribed gabapentin for anxiety (in addition to the Zoloft I’ve been on for years) but I haven’t started it yet.

1 Like

It seems to be different for everyone… i get the false sense of well being… whatever that means lol. And it makes me hungry and talkative… its pretty much improved my quality of life all around. What dose did they put you on?

100 mg two times a day. I’m nervous to try it so it’s sitting unopened at the moment.

1 Like