Getting sad or going into depression again

Hello, my appointment with my doctor is on December 4th, I was suffering since the end of October and hearing many voices, (Still listening) I don’t know if I should ask my doctor for an antidepressant Because I am hearing many bad and deeply disturbing voices, what do you do to endure these difficult moments that this disease causes when the voices say such negative things?

2 Likes

just keep working with your pdoc…I heard seroquel is good for voices…I have no voices while I’m on meds…sorry.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear the voices are being jerks. I’m on 20 mg of Abilify and still hear insults. What do the voices say to you? Is it a specific insult? My voices often tell me I’m stupid. As an example, if they’re calling you ‘stupid’ you could write down, on a piece of paper, all the times you did smart things. This will cause them to lose a bit of their power. It helped me a bit. Nothing fantastic, but I’ll take what I can get. :smiley:

3 Likes

I hope you get some relief, @shield_mixer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It must be incredible to take the medicine and not hear the voices, I’m not so lucky.

1 Like

I hear voices talking about my life, cursing me, and talking about my past in an ironic way. that is, all voices are negative

1 Like

That’s horrible. Sorry to hear it. The voices I heard, before I went on meds, used to offer commentary on everything I did, watched or read. I still hear voices all day, every day…lots of random words, and shortish sentences, and a few longer sentences. Sometimes they’ll trip up and say words that start with one letter, like cat, candy, Catherine, callous. Sometimes strange ideas will just be in my mind, and I have no idea how they got there. Before I was on meds, I’d hear paragraphs and paragraphs of talking, so the meds helped a lot at first (now they’re wearing off).

1 Like

I think it’s cool that people can overcome their voices, I hope I have hope of taking a medicine that takes them away, even if it has side effects I’ll never complain about it again if it takes away my voices.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.