Getting rid of my 12 string guitar...can't play I decided

I have to face it…my index finger isn’t getting to where I can ever play again and it’s been a month now since it happened…there just isn’t enough bend in my left index finger to play guitar or banjo for that matter…really pretty depressed about it…I know someone that will love to have my 12 string though so that makes me feel good.

2 Likes

Broken bones can take a while to heal. I broke my finger once when I was jogging and it got caught in my pocket. Dumbest way to get an injury ever. Took forever to heal. I wouldn’t give up just yet.

2 Likes

I think the cartiledge is just really damaged, not broken…the middle and knuckle joint of my index are still swollen though…thanks…

2 Likes

Ah okay. Well I hope it heals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you been to a doctor? I wouldn’t get rid of anything yet. I mean perhaps you need time to heal? Injuries on fingers and toes take a long time to heal.

3 Likes

Give it time. See a doctor. Maybe there’s some physical therapy that will help. Maybe you’ll have to modify your playing style. It’s too soon to quit.

5 Likes

@jukebox, listen to the forum members. Don’t give up just yet! Don’t sell anything.

Did you tell me before that a doctor had put you on antibiotics before and that you had finished them? And that your finger is still swollen?? Is your finger red and/or painful? If it is, you really need to inform your doctor. And take all your antibiotics as directed until they are all gone.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe no antibiotics…must have been someone else…yes, I’m holding onto the guitar just in case…it could get better and I thank all of you for your support right now.

1 Like

Yeah I would hate to read that you got a little too hasty and unloaded some things that make you who you are.

It took me a year of self rehabilitation after blowing my knee out that required surgery to get back to myself.

One month is too early to make a brash decision.

1 Like

thanks man, you’re right…I panicked when I saw how far I need to make it to be able to touch the strings making a C chord and it frightened and depressed me…sorry.

1 Like

I would be depressed too. No apologies needed.

Hope you can get your finger working again.

:rainbow:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.